Tuesday, April 1, 2008

big decision to make...

Well, I was really hoping it would not get this far, but it officially came back this am. Tom has been looking around for awhile for a job and was finding that the jobs available were actually overseas. He received an offer this am for a position in Israel. It looks like he has until the end of the week to get back to them if he is going to accept or not. Then we will need to decide if he is going on his own or if we are going to move the family there.... It is a really great job and something he is finally interested in. Don't ask me what it is - it is something with computers... I have never understood really what it is he does. I really do not know what we are going to do. This is huge - is that someplace I want to live? Do I want to raise my boys there? Do I want to raise my boys here by myself with Tom overseas? He will probably only be able to come home every three months or so. So keep happy thoughts going for us that we make the right decision....

Will keep you posted.
Laura

4 comments:

Jennie said...

oh laura! you do have a huge decision to make! i wish you the best of luck! your family is your first priority, and i know that you all will make the best decision for everyone.

my prayers are with you!

Paris said...

Holy Moly!!! I'm in shock! Wowser!!! Best of luck to you in your decision... I'm sure it would be an opportunity of a lifetime. Jim's youngest brother and his wife just got back from a vacation in Israel. They loved it. Jim has co-workers from there too. I'm sure it would be quite the adventure!! I sure would miss you!! xoxo Paris

Paris said...

Just thinking though... any chance this is an april fools joke????? lol

Team Immel said...

you are a stinker!

I'm sorry I've been awol from responding to your blog. The April Fool's Bday really threw my week into chaos. I chose to run and hide in the comfy chairs at starbucks, reading my book. ;)

xxo
si