Friday, April 18, 2008

can it just be tomorrow already?

Today was not a good day...  It has been a tough one.  Poor Jake woke up at 4 am not feeling well.  Some kind of stomach thing. He finally went to sleep about 5:30 on the floor of the game room with towels and bucket next to him.  I kept him home from school because he was just so pale and running a temp.  Tom came home and worked the rest of the day from home.

I attended the funeral today for Teri's husband, Rick.  He passed away on Tuesday.  I met Teri many years ago.  She is just a very kind, warm hearted person and her talent for scrapbooking is amazing!  They have a beautiful daughter, Elise, that just has an infectious smile.    My heart goes out to them during this difficult time and I am so sorry for their tragic loss.  The funeral was a very nice service.  Rick was loved by so many and he will be greatly missed.  There just are never the right words.

I came home for a bit to check on Jake.  Tom had gotten him some Motrin so temp was going down.  He slept most of the morning.  But not feeling hungry.

I went to my MRI appointment.  What was supposed to take about 45 minutes, ended up being almost 2 hours.  I didn't have an open MRI, so it was the longest 2 hours ever.  Of course, the whole time, my mind is racing that they are finding something.  It is like that on ER and Gray's Anatomy anyway....  The techs see right away what is going on.  Anyway, by the time I got home, I just felt dizzy.  Laying on my back flat like that was not comfortable and I just kept seeing spots.  So laid down for a little bit.  I woke up 3 hours later to Lucas asking what is for dinner... I guess I am just wiped out more from this week than I thought.  

During my nap, Jake started to feel well enough to play the Wii.  I walked out of my room to see he and Tom sitting there playing some game - very intense - and Tom wearing Jake's white cowboy hat!  Boys...

Then issues with the lacrosse team keep growing.  We keep losing players.  We don't have enough boys to play, so we need other players from other teams to come play with us during the games. We have now lost our head coach.  So we are joining with two other teams for practices.  It is just so confusing now.  How are these boys supposed to come together as a team and have a good season.  Then of course, some how I have this team mom title and all the parents are calling and emailing me with their questions and concerns.   Tom and I are so regretting joining this league.  We should of stayed where we were last year and we are even considering going back this year.  I have heard from other moms that their boys have left our team and gone back.  I just want Jake to play and learn the game.  Not go out for blood and the championship like these other coaches want to do. One even said to me - we will bring in other strong players and sub out the weakest with the weaker players..  What does that mean???  I see it as my Jake won't play.  We know he is not a star player.  But he wants to be on the field some of the game.  Not be a weak sub for kids from another team that is playing our game....  Anyway, it has me in a tizzy and just not sure what to do....

Well, Tom and Lucas are off to Lowe's for more supplies.   He is building a bigger storage shed in the back yard.  Hoping to have the doors on this weekend so we can actually start putting stuff in it.  So I better finish up dinner so it is ready when they get home.

Hope you are all well.  Hug your families tight tonight.  Life is too short and we just need to make the most of it each and every minute of every day.  

Til next time...
Laura   

2 comments:

Paris said...

Let's hope for a better day tomorrow, k? Thanks for being there today. Meant so much to me. Hang in there, my friend. Love, p

Team Immel said...

i feel ya sister!! i couldn't wait to get last week out of the way and move on!

i'm sorry jake was sick and that you had a bad mri experience (i have to get MRI's every 3 months and they SUCK) and that the lacrosse thing isn't panning out. bummer!!

exciting to get a new storage shed! go tom!!!

i'm glad you were at the funeral for rick and teri and elise and i'm sorry i couldn't be. thanks for going. such a tragic loss.

definately hold your loved ones tight and NEVER take one single day for granted. Tell people how you feel about them NOW.

here's to a better day/week...

xoxoxox
shauna

ps. give my love to the hotpers!