Saturday, April 5, 2008

today turned out to be a bummer day....





The boys sure played hard today in their first lacrosse game.  But we have a small team - only 14 players and I think only 10 or 11 showed up today for the game.  Maybe our 4 teams in the league should merge to 2 teams to have more players...  So when playing against a team with 24 players that can sub out, it really runs our guys ragged.  They ended up losing the game.  We don't keep score, but think it was 1-4 but some people counted 3-4.  Either way, we lost.  It was freezing cold, rainy and just a yucky day.  The boys played well and still had fun.

After deciding that a grocery store run would be needed in order to make dinner, we decided to go out to dinner at Applebee's.  We had a good time.  When they asked how many and for a name - I said 4. She asked how many kid menus, I said 3 and looked at Tom.  He said he could eat from the big boy menu tonight.  The gal just cracked up.  Then when she asked for a name, I said Tommy and Tom says - no Tom is fine.  Then when they called us, they called Tommy.  They boys just thought that was so hilarious.  Convinced the boys to not have dessert - we could have something at home, so guess I am making brownie sundaes...  

While at dinner, I saw a bit of the basketball final four.  Looks like my teams lost today in the games.  I had NC and UCLA in the final two and they both got knocked out today.  So that will probably knock me down on my bracket.  It was getting pretty exciting there for awhile when I had all four picked right in the final four - and that was totally guessing!

Well, brownies are done and Jake has come in here four times sniffing for dessert.  He is looking pretty tuckered so I think he will be going to bed soon.

Have a good night!
Laura


2 comments:

Team Immel said...

can i come over for brownies and ice cream too?????

great photos of the game. sorry they lost.

as for the brackets, if NC and UCLA had gone to the finals and UCLA won, I would have won the pot!!! wah!!!!! you picked good teams though. i'm so proud of you! now wasn't it fun?

now to focus my attention on the american idol brackets...

xoxox
si

Paris said...

Sorry to hear about the game :( Funny story about your Applebee's dinner. Crack me up :) Stinks for you and Shauna that UCLA lost. I was hoping you girls would do well in the brackets. Darn. Enjoy your evening.

Miss you,
p