Monday, April 14, 2008

trying to get back to my blessing of the week..

I haven't posted this for awhile so should get that back on my to do list.

So for this week, I have got to say that I am blessed to of met Jill and Allison while in Calgary. I met so many people and I can honestly say, Canadians are probably the most friendly I have ever met. A person definitely gets excellent customer service there. So many people here in the states in CS could learn a few things... I will tell you more about my airport adventure through Vancouver, BC later...

But - Oh my gosh... these gals have got energy. I was going to do the tv thing with them first thing friday morning and I did not have my luggage. EVERYTHING was in those bags. All the stuff I prepped for the segment, my class stuff, it all... So these gals just took me to get supplies, clothes... and just made it comic relief...

We were off to the local scrapbook store first. What a great store. Scrapbookers Paradise - just awesome store and people. They were willing to just load me up with whatever I needed. So pulled product to display and also to put together another project to do on air. We filled the basket and even pulled a sample book from the wall. Then they even let me pull supplies from their cropping/class area so I would have some tools to work with. Then they even delivered it back to the hotel for me so Allison and Jill could take me to Walmart for those necessary emergency items....

Off to Walmart I go with my personal shoppers. These gals can shop. But I did have to pick out a few items on my own... Sorry, girls. Don't want to be rude, but I do need to pick out underwear by myself.... And man, I just bought new ones before the trip... But they were in my luggage. It ended up just being a fun time and I was stocked up just in case the bags didn't show. At least to get me through the morning anyway.

Then when it was time to do the tv spot, my nerves were in full force. But these gals got me through it. I haven't seen the tape so I am not sure how many words I stumbled on or said um, but I felt like I did ok. It was a relief to have Jill and Scott take the lead.

I have some great pics of these gals and will have to post them. For some reason my laptop won't let me access pics so will have to do that part from the iMac. Anyway, when you see the pics of these gals, it will show you in thousands of words what kind of people they are. So much fun! I so appreciate all they did for me this past weekend. I hope that we can stay in touch and continue to develop this friendship. (Allison - too funny you are commenting on my blog already!!!!!)

Well, oops. Here it is again getting close to midnight. My goal of trying to end my days by 11pm hasn't been working out lately. So I should wrap this up.... I will get the pics of these fantastic ladies that I am blessed to have as part of my life now in the am...

Til next time then... so many more stories from the weekend and I still need to introduce you to Leica (pronounced Lisa). She was just a total hoot too.
Laura

2 comments:

Paris said...

I love Canada too... one of my fave places ever. So glad that you had such a good trip and met so many nice people. You are such a sweetheart... how could they not love you??? :) Hope you get some time to rest and relax this week. Big hugs to you, p

Team Immel said...

first i want to thank those canadian gals for taking such good care of you!!! thank you ladies!!!!!

isn't it funny how something so bad like losing your luggage can turn into a blessing and bring gifts? things happen for a reason and now look, new friends! (and undies! lol)

i'm glad you were in good hands. you put good out there, so you get good back.

now, i'm going to start nagging you to get to bed by 11! i need to do the same!!!

xoxox
shauna