Wednesday, April 23, 2008

finally a little good news...

The lacrosse drama is over!!!  It is official tonight that our team has merged with another small team in the league.  We have a set practice and game schedule, have enough players to finally not have to worry about subs, and a consistent coaching staff.  That ........... coach, if he can even be called that, has been dismissed and our boys are finally with two guys that are just awesome.  I was so proud of Jake tonight.  He is not an aggressive kid and he likes to just play defender.  He doesn't have to carry the ball in that position - he can just mess with the guy that has the ball and jab him with his stick...  Boys with sticks....  Anyway, tonight, he went for the ball, got it, and ran off with it.  He was right in it through the whole practice.  

I feel pretty good about this.  I stood up for my kid where as I would probably not of said anything before.  Just figured it was part of the sport.  I kept with it and helped make something happen.  So I am thrilled it finally is settled.

But now, it is time to just call it a night.  Standing out in the wind and rain, I am wiped.  Getting a sore throat and I just don't have time to get sick.  Tom and the boys are going to be gone on a campout this weekend - I can't spend my home alone time - sick!  So going to make me some tea, throw in a load of laundry and head to bed...

Have a good night!
Til next time....
Laura
 

4 comments:

Team Immel said...

glad to see you got into bed by 11am. here it is 1210am and i'm still up!

good news on the lacrosse drama. see how things work out for the best in the long run???

it was bitter cold out there tonight. brrrrrrrrrrr

xoxo
si

Paris said...

Alleluia for the team and Jake and you too!! Great news. So glad to hear that you get a quiet weekend... sounds just like what the dr. ordered. Hugs to you, p

MaryRuth said...

Yay!! Glad the drama is over!!

Miss you!!!

Jennie said...

the girls in my church group play lacrosse and it is so fun to watch! luckily girls aren't allowed to be as rough as the boys, but i think it is fun!

i am glad all is well with your family! feel better!

thanks for the postcard! i miss you!