Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year!

Wow, it is 2008!  It doesn't feel any different than yesterday which was 2007, but it is a new year.  A time for new dreams, new hopes, new resolutions.  I have many new hopes for this new year.  I hope for miracles.  I hope for health.  I hope for continued love of family.  And I hope for support of friends.  These are all hopes I had for 2007 and they came true.  So I will just repeat my hopes for this year.  I am so blessed to have so many wonderful people in my life...  I hope you all have a very wonderful new year and all your hopes and dreams, and miracles, come true.

Oh yesterday was a day of PRE-TEEN around here!!!!  Is there a medication for this or a magic potion?  Was I this way at 12?  How am I going to make it to 18?  Or better yet, how is Lucas going to make it to 18?  But fed him dinner and let him build a fire for the movie night and he was back to Lucas again.  Of course, he still needed help with the wood and such because it was dark outside, but I got the "I got it, Mom.  I can do this." the whole time.  He is 12, a big guy, but still only 12.  He tries to be all grown up, but he still sleeps with his "bent" (blanket he has has since he was just a baby) and his stuffed tigers.  Ok, so he would not be happy I just shared that with all of you.  But that is my Lucas.   It is a roller coaster with him.  He can be happy go lucky one minute and then the next, it is falling apart, I don't care, whatever....  It is a new year, but same issues.  How do I get through this????  ALIVE????

We had our typical New Year's eve at the Nicholas household.  We hit the movie rental store late in the afternoon and started a movie marathon with pizza til midnight.  Jake thought he would make it but he was asleep on the couch at about 10pm.  Lucas was hanging on but I think that was because we watched two football movies back to back.  Had his interest.  We Are Marshall - a very good movie, very sad, but a good movie.  We also watched Remember the Titans.  I have seen parts of it on tv, but never the whole thing.  So very good one to see.  Movies were over about 11:30 so we watched the New York New Year's Eve shows.  Jake wanted to see the ball drop before he went to bed.  So woke him up about 11:45 and at midnight, got his same response that we had last year, "That's it?  Happy New Year.  I'm going to bed."   

Today will just be another day of hanging out at the house.  Think of something for dinner, which will probably mean a trip to the store....  Tom and Lucas are off to Lowe's..... again.  Tom is building a sled for the snow camp with the boy scouts in a couple of weeks.  He is also trying to make another pair of snow shoes.  First pair didn't make two steps into the snow without breaking.  But it is keeping him  busy this week.  He is back to work tomorrow after being off the past week.  The boys have a few more days before back to school on the 7th.

So Happy New Year!  Make each day count, hug your families and be there for your friends.  

2 comments:

Team Immel said...

Hugs to you!

I've got a 12 year old boy myself, so i totally understand! they are still boys!!!!!they still need their mommy's!

sounds like a nice day to hang out and relax.

enjoy!
xoxo
si

Jennie said...

happy 2008 my friend!

it sounds like you have your hands full! good luck with your pre-teener...

we didn't even make it to 9:30 on new years eve! ya... we are party animals!

LOVE remember the titans! great movie! havn't seen we are marshall yet... but want too!

you asked if i was going to portland, well i think so... i might be going as a scrapper... fun! i will keep you posted!

love ya!