Thursday, January 17, 2008

and the wheels on the Tahoe go round and round....

Oh what a busy day today.  I have driven all over Oregon it feels like.  I am helping out with Creating Keepsakes Conventions and passing out coupons and posters to the local scrapbook stores.  Ok, so this is really not a difficult job - paid to visit scrap stores.  I can do this...  So after a quick stop in Canby to pick up work for the weekend, I was off to Salem.  Visited two stores there and made it through the speed traps both directions on I-5.  Even made it through the two accidents.  One on I-5 where a semi truck crossed the center divider and somehow came to a stop in the median.  There are these steel cables through the center of the freeway to stop vehicles from hitting traffic coming the other way.  Well this truck was dragging those cables under the truck for about half a mile before the truck stopped....  Later on I-205, there were several cars clustered together and surrounded by four fire trucks.  Ok, so I didn't really see how many cars were in the accident, I was counting the fire trucks!  
Ok, back to the store visits - made my way through Milwaukie and northern part of Portland and then back to Beaverton.  Went to 6 stores in one day - good thing I left the wallet in the car or it could of been a really dangerous day.  Ok, had to take it into Scattered Pictures because there is always something in that store that I just really don't need but have to buy.  While visiting with Nancy, the UPS man came in with these adorable little stamp sets.  Ok, yeah yeah yeah.  I have tons of stamps already and really don't know the first thing to really do with them.  But these were tiny sets for a $1 and perfect for cards.  Now I just need to make some cards.  
Made it back home in order to meet Jake after school and see a few snowflakes.  Probably nothing to get excited about though because they have already stopped....
Oh and I did get one other "goodie" today.  I picked up a new tote bag for work.  I have been using this big bag that I got in Nashville a few years ago because it carried tons and had a long handle.  The down side is that it doesn't have any pockets or anything, so if I have ink pads or adhesives, they get down in the bottom of the bag and lose their lids, etc.  Needless to say, the bag is not that pretty anymore...  It has been very distressed inside.  So I got a very cool tote bag now.  It is pink camo!  I wanted the blue one but it was gone.  Anyway, I can have one or two things pink, I guess.   But it is by All My Memories and it is called the Tote-ally Cool Tote!  I love all the pockets inside and can't wait to make it my new work bag.  If you are in need of a new tote for scrapbooking or even just as a tote bag, check it out at www.paperwishes.com
It would be a perfect carry-on too.  KJ - you would so love this tote, as if you really need another bag???   Ok, last plug from me....
Jake's class went to the zoo again.  He said most of the animals weren't out again.  Maybe this is a plan by the teachers and parents to get the kids out, walk them for hours and hours in the cold and rain, so they use up their energy.  Jake has been home now for less than an hour and he is totally snoring in the chair.  Let him get a good nap before tutoring tonight.
Lucas should be home soon.  He has been quite the hop-a-long lately.  He is still really favoring that knee.  He says that it feels like it is going to slide out of joint if he puts too much pressure on it and shoots up to his hip.  I know how he feels because that is exactly the issues I have with mine.  It is very unsettling at times to think your leg is going to give out under you.  Tom took him to the doc for a follow up yesterday and now we need to have some x-rays done.  So off to do that tomorrow after school.  
Well, need to send in my store summary, think of some magnificient something for dinner (better check Paris' blog to see if she posted anymore yummy recipes...) get Jake to tutoring and through homework and then catch Grey's Anatomy later tonight...  
Have a good evening!

2 comments:

Team Immel said...

I'm totally jealous of your cammo bag! can't wait to see it!

your day sounds busy but fun! what are you wearing, a superhero cape or something? how do you get all of that done?

i hope lucas' knee turns out to be ok.

xoxo
shauna

Jennie said...

what a day!

fun you get to help ck a bit!

what do you hear from teri and vicki these days?

love and miss ya!