Friday, January 4, 2008

do I hear 50... 50.... 50.... ?

Yep, Jake and I went to the Estate Sales auction tonight.  This kid loves the auction....  We have been once before and picked up a cheap tv for them to play their games on.  Now they think with the Wii (I am sure with a little inspiration from Dad) they are wanting a bigger tv.  So Jake was looking at the items for auction online.  Found a 27 inch one and thought that would work.

So we braved the wind and rain and went to the auction.  Wow, it was crowded there tonight.  Hardly any items were passed on and it surprises me what people buy and what they will pay for it!  They had a brand new three piece living room set, just out of the plastic wrap and it went for $550.  There was a brand new front door with the stained class window in it and I think that went for $450.  They had everything including the kitchen sink - that sold for $2.50, that is right.  Two dollars and fifty cents!!!!!!     No - I didn't buy the sink.  lol  

When we bought the tv on our first visit, I told Jake that I wasn't going to pay more than $25.  I paid $25 but I think I ended up bidding against myself because Jake was bidding too.... 

 Anyway, tonight, he was funny.  He knew what the items were that they were talking about because he had checked them out first.  

I think we did pretty good though.  Came home with 2 office chairs, a garage organizer (metal basket type thing for either the "man cave", panty or garage - don't know yet, and a DVD player - also for the "man cave".  Not too bad for $35!  Think the organizer alone was worth more than that.  It is brand new and still in the box.  

But it was fun.  I think I had more fun though people watching and just hanging with Jake.  As we were getting ready to leave, he saw some sign about a $50 drawing....  So of course, we had to wait til the conclusion of the auction so we would be in the drawing.  Didn't win, but oh well....  

We finished off our night with a trip to Sonic - just gotta love those cherry limeades.

Gonna call a night.  Tomorrow is another day.  Have a good one!

1 comment:

Jennie said...

how fun! i have never been to an auction! it sounds like you found some great deals!