Tuesday, January 29, 2008

and another day is done...

Well, there is no snow falling - just very cold. Will probably not be a snow day tomorrow or even a late start, so it must be time to settle in for some good Nyquil sleep. According to the commercial anyway, I should be able to sleep like I did before the rooster got his days and nights mixed up... or something like that.

I went to work today, but only lasted as long as the cold meds did. They wore off before noon so I finished up my project - turned it in and called it a day. Headed home for more meds. Dug around the cupboard and found some sudafed. That didn't do anything. Drank some Thera Flu - nothing. Cough drops - nothing. What is in this stuff? It hasn't done anything for me like what it describes on the box/bottle that it claims it will do. I can't taste anything so that is good for taking these medicines. Especially the pills - they don't taste very good crushed up in a spoon. Ok, lately, I have been adding a little sugar... So went to the store when Jake was at tutoring and stocked up! Dayquil, Nyquil, Vick's vapor rub, and shower soothers - those things work pretty slick. It is like standing in a sauna with Vick's. But the effects are short lived and you smell like Vick's all day... But at this point, I am willing to do anything to breathe again... I have been told that apparently I snore (I dispute this rumor as it has never been proven! and no this is not an opportunity to record...) but somehow it gets worse when I am stuffed up. So it will be another night on the couch for me. I do sleep a little better there anyway when I am sick because I can be elevated with my stack of three pillows and the arm rest. This also allows for the legs and feet to stay on the cushions and not up over the other arm rest. This now isn't really sounding like a good night's sleep.

Anyway, the boys are off to bed. Tom is doing something on his laptop in the living room (I am on my laptop in my scrap room...) probably searching for an old Wagoneer. His latest "thing" or idea for a vehicle. Hey, as long as I don't have to drive it, I guess. But he sold his Sprint this past weekend and actually made $200 over what he paid for it. It was this super old motorcycle that leaned up against the garage wall in our old house, we moved it to this house where it leaned up against the wall in the garage, and then we built a new garage and it leaned up against that wall. Seeing the pattern here yet? He doesn't exactly complete his "projects." He has a 55 Ford pickup that he has done some work to, but still needs so much more to become fully restored. But now he has decided to just sell it. I think he finally has realized that he just really doesn't have the time or the money that it takes to restore these "projects". So the truck is on Craig's list and I think he has another one of his motorcycles on there too. He bought one last summer and took it for a ride with Lucas to Yosemite and found out that it wasn't a very comfortable bike for him. Think the man with three motorcycles and two trucks (I am not counting the Sprint as one of the motorcycles) is doing a little clean sweep in the garage.... Hmmmm - wonder what the next project will be? I know he has been talking about replacing the old metal shed in the back yard with a bigger shed. I am just hoping that maybe one day, we will get back to the many home improvements projects on this house. I still only have partical board on the floor here in my scrap room. The room is finished but the floor... That will have to wait though - think we are having issues in the bathroom so that will be next on the list. But I want to rip everything out and replace with new so that will be spendy. Need to do it in stages probably.

Ok, well, now just really rambling to ramble... Time to log off. Stay warm, drink tea - it is yummy. And hug your families - mine right now though turn their heads as far away as possible and arch their backs when they hugged me goodnight - anything to not get Mom germs...

1 comment:

Team Immel said...

sorry you are not feeling well! i'm told i snore too. but like you, i never hear myself snore, so they're wrong. ;)

don't you just love when the hubbys start clean sweeping? although i can't say i know about it at all. not sure mine ever has unless i'm holding his hand walking him thru it the whole way.

i totally can relate to unfinished projects around the house. story of my life. maybe this is a good year to finish up unfinished projects. tie up loose ends so to speak.

anyways, hugs to you my friend and i hope you feel better soon. please take care of youself.

xoxo
si

ps. can you replace the teaspoon of sugar with honey for taking your meds? it's better for you...