Friday, January 18, 2008

enough wii - time to get some work done....

But thought I would check in first....

Today after school, we took Lucas for his x-rays at the hospital.  All went well but the best part was watching him walk from the dressing room to the x-ray room in the gown.  He was able to keep his under shorts on but I think he took them off because he was sure holding onto the back of that gown as he walked down the hallway...   I am sure we will hear results of the films next week.  Wouldn't think it would take too long for his doctor to see them.  I will call Tuesday if I don't hear anything Monday.

After a quick dinner of left overs, Jake and I played the Wii for awhile.  Oh boy - that thing can be addicting and frustrating all at the same time.   Seems like bowling and cow tipping are my games.  Jake says that I did grow up on a farm so no wonder I am good at the cow tipping (or maybe it is cow racing - not sure what that game is called.)  Sure - but I didn't grow up riding cows!  We also played pool, baseball, target shooting and then some shoot 'em up game.  Jake plays this one with Tom so he had practice.  By the time I figured out how to walk through the buildings and not just spin in circles, my hand was so cramped around the controller, it was just time to call it a night!  But it was funny how Jake kept telling me, "you are getting better, Mom.  But now I am going to drop a grenade on top of you."  He shot me so many times, my controller pretty much just vibrated...  Time for me to go back to what I know best - load the dishwasher and get a load of laundry going.  Will probably find an old VHS tape I haven't watched in awhile and do some projects for work.  Just need a big cup of tea and my pjs and I am ready to work.

Enjoy the rest of the night!   

3 comments:

Paris said...

Hope Lucas will be okay. How fun to play w/your guys. Haven't tried Wii yet. Sounds amazing. Hope you didn't stay up working too late!! xoxo P

Team Immel said...

did you read the article in the living section of the oregonian about the new crop of wii injuries and accidents cropping up? i guess people are losing grip of their remotes and tvs are breaking, etc! and wii-itis or something is occuring from overuse! so be careful! even after i made my son read that article, he still wants one and is saving his moola! glad you had some fun time with your boys!
xoxo
si

Jennie said...

hope all is well with lucas!

have fun!