Monday, January 28, 2008

Snow day...

but really it wasn't. The boys already had the day off for a teacher work day, again. Seems like they are out of school more than in. I don't remember when I was in school - back in the day - the teacher's getting the day off for writing report cards and such.



But the boys made the best of the snow. They played outside and at their friend's house around the corner all morning. They came back in at lunchtime cold and wet. They lasted about as long as our snow did. The sun came out and we had a very pretty afternoon.



I spent the day nursing this cold of mine. It is getting harder and harder breathe. Seems like my head is just filled with mud. I tried every cold remedy in the cupboard today and nothing works. My nose is just raw from blowing it all day. But I am so hooked on tea now - thank you Shauna. I have been drinking my way through the box you gave me for Christmas. I love the Chai kind. Also made a big pot of chicken soup in the crockpot today and made an apple crisp tonight when Tom and Lucas went to scouts. Both probably would of been better if I could of tasted them...



Anyway, the weatherman is predicting slippery roads in the am. Wonder if it will be another day off or late start? Better get another load of laundry going though just in case there is school.



Have a good one!

2 comments:

Paris said...

Bummer that the kids didn't get to sleep in this morning. We were hoping for snow too. Hope you feel better soon. Take care! Love, p

Team Immel said...

my kids had school on monday and they weren't even delayed, so not sure if they got to enjoy the snow or not.

today is the first morning here in reno i didn't wake up to snow! the sun is shining brightly again. love that. there's still snow on the ground etc.

hey, let me know when you need more tea. i have a connection at stash tea (wink wink!) glad you're enjoying it. it's good for you!

hope you get a handle on that cold of yours and you start to feel better soon. maybe you should set up a humidifier or vaporizer or something?

take care.
xoxo
si