Tuesday, January 22, 2008

the x-rays are back...

Well, I got a call today from Lucas' doc and the results of his x-rays came back normal.  There weren't any signs of a slipped growth plate, which he thought may of happened.  I guess this is common in boys his age.   So now we are going to look into it as patellofemoral syndrome.  He is to do some stretching exercises twice a day that will strengthen his thighs which in the long run will take pressure off his knees.  If this doesn't cause some improvement in the next three weeks, then we will try physical therapy.  I sure hope this works for him because I wouldn't wish my knee issues on anyone....

So have a couple boys here that need to finish up homework and get to bed.  It is such a cold day today, I am ready to snuggle into bed for a long winter's night.  Haven't had many of those lately, so going to call it early tonight.

Have a nice night...
(Shauna - keeping you in my thoughts and hoping you are doing well in Reno...)  




3 comments:

Paris said...

I'm glad the xrays came back okay, and hope the stretching helps Lucas out.

I talked to Shauna tonight and she is doing well. She really liked the homeopathic doc.

Stay warm!! Paris

Team Immel said...

I'm glad that the xrays came back normal too.

thanks for thinking of me and wishing me well! i'm doing fine. have my hands so full here though so haven't had time to sit down and catch my breath, let alone catch anyone up on what's going on. i'm going to try and do that this weekend since i don't have to go into get infused sat and sun.

we're expecting a big snow storm to come thru. sounds like it's chilly there too.

miss and love ya!
xoxo
shauna

Jennie said...

so glad that the xrays came back ok...

i am all about cuddling in on a cold winter day/night and watching movies and drinking hot chocolate! mmmmm... sound wonderful!