Saturday, January 12, 2008

they are off....

So Tom and the boys are off for their snow camp.  The truck was loaded, sled on top, packs in the back, food on the trailer, boys in the truck and off they went.  Sure hope they have everything!  They will stop for a "breakfast of champions" at Burger King and then go to meet the rest of the scouts at the church.  It is raining so hard this am - they are starting out soaked.  I just hope they have a good time and come home safe.

I have the day to myself now......  What will I do?  Put away the Christmas decorations?  Laundry?  Clean bathrooms?  I have some hours to put in for work and a friend's daughter in the hospital - so work and visit a friend today.  Paris and Shauna are going to a local scrap store today with some other gals, so will try to swing by there too and catch up with them.

But first - last night was Bunco so was home late after a very LONG day at the zoo with 5th graders - oh that will be a story of it's own.  And since it is only 6am, think I will go back to sleep for awhile.  Hopefully I won't get any calls from Tom saying, oh I forgot.....  can you meet us at the church?

Keep your fingers crossed they have a good time - and they bring all their gear back!  I bought Lucas a hat a couple of weeks ago and he left it on the bus yesterday after school.....  Man, this kid....  They can't even wear hats so why take it to school? Anyway, won't get started on that. This is a first for camping in the snow and sleeping in snow caves, hiking with snow shoes, and just being in the weather for 2 days.  Our RV camping in the snow will not be anything like what they are doing this weekend.  That was like staying at the Ritz!  

Ok, back to sleep for me....

2 comments:

Jennie said...

ooooohhh... enjoy your day to yourself! i hope you have fun!

i didn't know you played bunco too! i love it! i started my own group last fall and it is so fun!!!

have a great day!

Team Immel said...

I'm so glad you stopped in at the scrapbook store to visit with us! It was so fun! I lasted until midnight! And you (you stinker!!!)ran off before I could give you a big hug for pulling a fast one on me and purchasing the 2 sets of Disneyland rub-ons I had on my account because I was such a DOORKNOB and ruined the one I wanted to use by rubbing it onto itself instead of the paper! That was so sweet and thoughtful of you and I appreciated it so much!!!! what a nice suprise. you rock.

xoxo
shauna