Wednesday, January 23, 2008

and the gold medal goes to....

Oh what a busy day....   I forgot about my haircut appt today, so left work a little early to make that.  Then I was heading home and remembered the scout night.  So what's for dinner????  No clue...  This will work - Tom, take Jake to get something to eat before the scout thing.  I will take care of Lucas and I.  This is the plan...   I was feeling good.  I was going to finally have a night at home to catch up on dishes, laundry and just be home for a few hours. Oh but no - change of plan.  Tom couldn't get Jake to put his uniform shirt on (the whole clothes issue with Jake - it rears it's ugly head more with Tom and Jake than me....) so my phone rings when I am about 10 minutes from home.  Change of plan - I am now taking Jake to the scout thing.  Got home, Jake is falling apart - what a great start to my quiet night at home...  Anyway, so some quick cheese and crackers and we are off again to the scout thing.  It was actually pretty fun in the end.  I love to watch the leaders because they are really just big kids themselves.  The Olympics were really a fitness test with long jumps, sit ups, crab walk, etc.  So to watch this 6 foot three guy do a crab walk against a 6th grade boy - was just too  funny.  The scouts were all given medals at the end.  Now we have finished homework, boys are in bed and I can now start the dishes, laundry.....  

First - a cup of hot cocoa though.  It was a cold one again today.  I hear rumors of snow again in the forcast.  This one - they just haven't been getting right lately so really not holding out for that.

Stay warm and have a good night! 

3 comments:

Team Immel said...

things never go as planned eh? i know that one well! hope you enjoyed your cup of cocoa.

xoxo
shauna

Paris said...

Laura... thanks for all your help yesterday. I can always count on you :) See you on Sat. Love, p

Jennie said...

as i mentioned before... i am with ya on the hot cocoa things!

love ya! glad you are doing well!