Sunday, January 13, 2008

time to start another day....

Yesterday ended up to be quite a day.  I started out with a to do list and didn't get anything accomplished on it.  Tree is still up.  Shirts are still in the bag and not returned to the store.  Groceries are still at the store because I didn't get there to buy any. Bathrooms, laundry - still in the same place they were yesterday.  So have a to do list all ready then for today!  I guess I did get one thing accomplished then....  Put my list together for today (Thanks for that tip, Ang!)

The call did come.  But this time, it was Lucas.  He had thought I was coming up to the church to see them off and would I bring his snow boogie board thing - what ever it is....  So I was a bad mom and didn't take it to him.  I was in a mood still about his hat lost again and this would be one more thing for him to forget at the camp or lose in the snow.  Surprisingly Tom didn't forget anything, so I was back in bed and going to stay there for a little while longer.  Ended up sleeping til about 12:30!  That felt good.   To just have a quiet house and get a good few hours of sleep.

So after a couple Lifetime Network movies and a shower, I headed over to visit Shawn and her daughter who is in the hospital.  She had surgery on her back on Dec 27th and it then turned into an infection.  They had to do surgery again this last friday to get the infection out.  The surgery went well, but she had a really tough day yesterday - a lot of pain.  So I took her a milkshake.  Didn't know what flavor she liked so took one of each! lol  Then we all had a milkshake, so it all worked out.  We did a bunch of people watching from the sitting area outside Jessica's room.  It was just amazing to watch what people bring in and out of an emergency room entrance.  One man and a kid left with two big backboards?  They weren't driving away in an ambulance, so were they souvenirs?  One gal had such high heel boots on - how can she walk in those?  One guy left with a big pillow - did he forget the blankets, towels, maybe a chair????  And obviously the hospital food is not good.....  all kinds of food and drinks being brought in.  The same car came back a second time to the emergency entrance - go in.....  no.....  Feel better....   Drive off????  They never did go in.  Young boys would be going in and out from the hospital to the parking garage and jump over these pole things in the walkway.  We were just waiting for one of them to not totally make it over the pole....  The young things always made it though.  So as I walked back out to the truck and walked that walkway....  waved at Shawn and her sister, Tami, who were watching at the window....  I tried to swing my leg up over this pole thing...  Oh not a good idea - it hurt so bad on this old body..... Oh to be young again.  But it was funny.  

I left the hospital about 7:30 and headed to Sherwood to meet up with Paris and Shauna at the scrapbook store.  It was great to see them.  Paris of course was whipping out the pages.  She was on a roll and working on pages 13 and 14 when I got there!  She amazes me....  I would be lucky to have one card done at an all-day crop.  I go for the socializing!  Adult conversation....  But it was great to catch up with both of them and also Kimberly.  I was just there visiting, not giving page advice....  But Kimberly was pretty sneaky and still got some paper matting ideas out of me...  Shauna was scrapping away and gave us a good laugh when she added her rub-ons to the backing sheet instead of the page she was working on....  But we weren't laughing at you, Shauna...  We were laughing because we have all done that!  You are very welcome....  I just thought of paying a little on your tab as a bday surprise as I was walking out the door....  So happy birthday, a week early!  You were in the middle of your massage when I had to leave - just didn't want to interrupt so didn't really get to say goodbye.  When I drove back by the store about 11:30- I saw your car was still there.  Good for you for lasting til midnight!  

But I got a call from Vicki that Angie's dog, Harley, was sick and our sewing day today would be put off.   Harley is this Boxer that is just so cute.  Even wears on me - a mom of two boys that really want a dog and I keep putting it off...  We need a fence.  We need to take out the carpet and put in hardwood floors.  We need a bigger house - before we can get a dog.  But anytime that I saw Harley, or even Vicki's dogs - Koda and Molly, it breaks me down a bit and I start considering getting a dog for the boys.  Harley has it made with a stress free life and I always say I want to come back in my next life as Harley.  He is a good dog - good sleeper!  Master napper!   But he now has a brain tumor and it doesn't look good.  Since Ang lives only a couple blocks from the scrap store, I went over to check on her.     Angie - I am so sorry you have to go through this.  Keep me posted on how he is doing and if you need anything - you know my numbers.  Have the phone tree call me if need be.  I should be home all day, except a short field trip to the grocery store.  You and Harley will be in my thoughts today....

So my day came to an end about 12:30 when I sat down in the chair with a hot chocolate with a little Peppermint Schapps....  Grey's Anatomy was coming on at 1am, but don't think I made it to the end because at some point I went to bed to watch the rest of it and woke up again at 9:30!  I guess my biggest accomplishment then this weekend is getting some sleep.  I haven't been doing much of that lately  and it has really been putting my fibromyalgia in a tailspin.  Maybe I will feel a little better then this week and can hit it full force on Monday.  

Coffee is done so better get to my day.  Shawn just texted me...  Oh this is a whole new techie thing for me...  I am finally past the point of my messages just being - hi and then send...  I will slowly catch up with the times.  It only takes me about 5 minutes to type a message and then send - sometimes it will make sense, but sometimes, some of the letters are left off...  Jessica is pretty loopy this am.  She told Shawn that she wants to be Tigger this year for the 4th of July!  Get some of those drugs to go, Shawn.  There are some days when I would like to check out and be Tigger on the 4th of July - especially on days like friday after spending a day at the zoo with 5th graders....  

Well, enough rambling for today.  Tom and the boys will be home later today so I better get to my to do list......   

Have a good one!

1 comment:

Team Immel said...

I'm so sorry to hear about Angie's dog Harley. We just had to put our 12 year old aussie shepherd down in November due to cancer as well. :( Cancer sucks. Wish I could wave a magic wand and make it all better. I'll be thinking of her and Harley and holding them in my heart.

as for you, little miss caretaker of everyone, take care of yourself today! get some rest, get your to do list going and get that fiberma-however-you-spell-it under control!

and let's plan some scrap playdays for us girls when i get back from utah! we had fun scrappin' yesterday and it's been forever and ever!!!!

xoxox
shauna *who's off to take kaelin to yet another bday party and then start my to list from last year lol!!!!