Thursday, May 29, 2008

the end of the school year means...




It is time to make those gifts for the teachers again.  I think this is actually my last year of this though.  Jake will be heading off to Middle School next year and with having many teachers, I think we can get away with no gifts then.  Going to pass on Lucas' teachers this year.  It has been such a hard year for him, I don't think he wants to thank any of them.

So tonight, I got a little box made for Jake's teacher.  Actually, it is a sub that he had while his regular teacher was on maternity leave.  We really liked her and her last day is tomorrow.  The box is about 6 inches on each side and about 4 inches tall.  I painted it and added papers, ribbons, folded paper flowers, and silk flowers - held together with brads.  Then I filled the inside with candy.  Just thought I would share - I think it turned out kind of cute.  

Hope you all had a good day today.  It is time to call it for me and head to bed.
Til next time.
Laura

 PS - I also thought I would share with you that the tv segment from the Calgary event last month is now posted on www.youtube.com   If you search Laura Nicholas, Camp Croppin it comes up.  So if you would like,  you can check that out...  I actually wasn't as nervous as I thought I would be.  I guess it is because I never really made direct eye contact with the camera...
  



5 comments:

Allison Orthner said...

Hey Laura!

You did great on TV... sorry it took me so long to get it to you!

And happy belated birthday... looks like you had an amazing time with some "soul sistas"!

Paris said...

Really cute, Laura. Jake's teacher will love it. Can't wait to check out that video on youtube. I know that it will be fabulous. Hope to see you on Monday. Have a great weekend! xoxo Paris

Team Immel said...

there you go again, making all of us mom's look bad again and going all out for your kid's teacher! those are very very cool! they will love them!! look at you go!!!

i can't wait to check out the segment on youtube and i hope i can work out monday with you and p.

love ya!
xoxxo
shauna

JaNae said...

Way cute teacher gift. I'm sure his teacher loved it!

Catty's Blog said...

Beautiful gift boxes. It so thoughtful!