Saturday, May 10, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

well, a little early anyway.

I hope you all have a wonderful Mother's day whether you are a mom, or not.

It isn't a big holiday around this house, that is for sure. But I am hoping to just spend the day at home and maybe do a little yardwork and maybe bake some cookies. I wanted to bake the other day, but didn't get to it.

I have been spending a lot of time around the house the past few days with Lucas. So today it was nice to be out though. I took Jake to his lacrosse game in West Linn. It was a good game even though they lost. The boys played well together against the other team that was so much bigger than them. After the game, I ran into Terri H. Her boys were going to be playing in the 7/8 game a little later. I couldn't believe how grown up her twin boys have gotten. Was great to see her for a quick catch up.

After the game we made a quick run to the store for taco chili supplies. When we got home, I started the chili in the crock pot and got back to work on some projects for HOTP.

It has been a long day... It is hard to have a saturday start at 6am. Jake has tried really hard to hang on through Indiana Jones, but he is snoring away on the couch. Lucas has been in quite a bit of pain yesterday and today. I think his pain meds started to kick in and he called it a night and went to bed. Think I may do the same.

Anyway, have a wonderful day tomorrow!
Til next time...
Laura

3 comments:

Paris said...

Happiest of Mother's Days to you, my friend. I hope you have a nice, relaxing day. I sure hope that Lucas will feel better soon. What a trooper. How cool to see Terrie! Can't believe how grown up our kids are. Glad you had fun at the game. Hope to see you soon... we need to celebrate your birthday! Big hugs, p

Team Immel said...

happy mom's day! i called you today but Laura Freeman answered the phone! lol i called the wrong laura and then i couldn't find you in my contacts with my new phone i got for mom's day! she was so confused as i talked to her like it was you!!! told her i was sorry that i didn't check in sooner but that i finally came out of my chemo stupor!

i'm glad to hear you got out and about today and that lucas is on the mend!

miss you and i'm all in for celebrating your bday!!!

xoxox
shauna

My name is Shanna said...

Hey girl, happy birthday and happy mother's day!!

I am glad to read that Lucas came through fine. I had to laugh when I received your text the other day, but it was kinda cool to be in the loop. :o)

Hope your week is slower than last week was. Take care of you!

xoxo, Shanna