Thursday, May 22, 2008

oh to be 21 again...

Been a busy day today with visit to the DMV to renew my license, order trophies for the end of the season lacrosse party, work at Boxer, take Jake to tutoring, buy a new book for the train, vacuum out the Tahoe, go to the bank, go to the grocery store, go back and pick up Jake, come home, unload groceries, have a meltdown because there is no room to put the groceries on the counter because the dishes need to be done, put the groceries away, start laundry, clean the bathrooms, watch the last half of Gray's Anatomy season finale and try to figure out what to pack.....  

But there was some fun in this crazy day today.  Angie and Vicki took me out to lunch at Red Robin.  We took two cars because Vicki had a doc appt and Ang was going to get a table before the rush...  Or so the story went.  Ang actually told them it was my birthday!  So after lunch, the waiters come out and sing to me and announce to the whole restaurant that I am celebrating my 21st birthday!!!!!!!!  Slightly embarrassing....  September is Angie's birthday - that is right, she has the whole month blocked out...   I have some time to plan for pay back.  

Well, should get some more laundry done so I can pack.  Tomorrow I am catching the train and going to Seattle.  Actually Tukwilla.  I am going to spend the weekend at my friend, Vicki's in Maple Valley.  We are going to go whale watching out of Friday Harbor on saturday.  A little weekend getaway.  Be home sunday!

Have a good long weekend and if you are driving somewhere, safe travels.
Til next time...
Laura

 

3 comments:

Paris said...

Happy birthday, my friend! I hope you have a fabulous time in Friday Harbor! Such a cool place! Too funny about Angie... she is a kick in the pants :)

We will celebrate when you get home, okay?

Love, p

Team Immel said...

Happiest of Birthdays!!! I love Red Robin! It's our favorite!!!

I'm glad to hear you are off on a Birthday adventure!

Tukwila and Maple Valley are my old stomping groungs! I grew up in Kent, right next door! I actually used to work at the Red Robin right there in Tukwila by Southcenter Mall before running off to college.

I am all up for celebrating your birthday! Woo Hoo! Let there be cake!

And boy, did your Thursday sound like it really packed a punch. How does one person get all of that done in a day??? You are superwoman!!!!

Miss you.
xoxox
Shauna

Jennie said...

happy birthday!!!! so fun! i love birthday's!

i hope you have fun on your big birthday weekend! can't wait to hear all about it!

love ya!