Wednesday, May 7, 2008

hello from peds recovery....

Well, we are here at the hospital with Lucas. Tom has his laptop here and looks like we have wi-fi so thought I would check in....

The surgery went well. It was a little delayed and took a bit longer than expected because she had to go deeper. He is a big guy. But all went well. He woke up hungry and has been wanting cheese pizza... Working him slowly on the food though. He is having some dinner now, but since he can't sit up, he has to be fed. Jake is actually feeding him now - I am thinking he is hoping that Lucas will be too full for his pie... I think there is some motive there. But actually Jake has been pretty good today. He walked right along Lucas as they were wheeling him around. These boys are actually pretty close even though they will never admit it.

Well, anyway, Tom and Jake are going to go get some dinner. So I better finish with dinner for Lucas. Visiting hours are over at nine so think Jake and I will head home then. Jake may not want to go home though as there is a game room down the hall....

But thanks for the phone calls today and well wishes. I am glad this part is over. Now to recoop.

Hugs to everyone!
Laura

2 comments:

Team Immel said...

i'm so glad to hear it went well! it sounds like it was a bonding experience for your boys. being hungry is a good sign too!

now you go home and get some sleep and take good care of yourself! be good to you. you'll need to be well rested so you can care for lucas!

big hugs.
i'm here if you need me!
xoxox
shauna

Paris said...

So glad that everything went well. What a huge relief. Thanks so much for the text msg. I wanted to call but didn't know if I should while you were in the hospital. How sweet was Jake through all that?? Adorable. So glad that you could all be there together as a family... that is so cool. Take care, and please let me know if you need anything.

Big hugs, p