Tuesday, May 6, 2008

are we ready for this????

I am not sure...

Lucas' surgery is tomorrow. I took him yesterday for the pre-op registration and tour. It certainly made it all "real" for the two of us. My stomach has been in knots today. I think it is more than just Lucas though - I seem to have myself worked up in a tizzy about many things lately. It was just a bad day today for me. I got home today and by 6pm, I was thinking of just going to bed. Can't do that though just yet. I need to get stuff together for tomorrow.

Jake is going to skip school and stay with us at the hospital so he will need things to entertain himself. He is pretty wiped tonight. We skipped lacrosse practice even. His school overnight field trip was yesterday and that made for a tired boy today... Also need to get some things together for Tom - to keep him entertained. Looks like he even brought home his laptop from work... He is going to stay the night with Lucas. I will bring Jake home tomorrow night and get him off to school thursday and then trade places with Tom at the hospital. I will stay with Lucas then til he is discharged. Not sure what Lucas will be up to but going to take his game player, music and some movies.

Lucas seems to be ok with it all. But not really sure he knows what to expect. We check in tomorrow at 10:30 and surgery should be at 12:30. He will need to lay flat for 24 hours after so they were saying yesterday that he won't be up til about 3:30 thursday afternoon. Not sure then what time we will be released that evening.

So keep your fingers crossed that all goes ok. Tom and Lucas are off for dinner now - last good meal before not having anything to eat after midnight. Do these docs know how grumpy this boy gets when he doesn't eat???

Enjoy the rest of the evening then....
Laura

3 comments:

Paris said...

Best wishes to you all. I just know everything will be fine. Hang in there, my friend. Please let me know if there is anything you need. Hugs, p

Team Immel said...

i'll be thinking about you both tomorrow. what hospital are you at? st vincents? i'll be there for my support group, can i come sit with you?? bring you anything? keep you company? i'm sure everything will be find. but i totally understand how scared you must all feel. it's hard to put yourself in God's hands and just trust that. it will be good to get it out of the way and over with and then move on eventually. be good to yourselves. and take good care of yourself during this stressful time.

love ya.
xoxox
shauna

MaryRuth said...

Good luck to both of you!!