Tuesday, May 13, 2008

another tuesday....

Today is another day... Don't know if it is because we have been home so much over the past week, but just feeling a little down in the dumps lately.... So will try to be upbeat!

Mother's day was nice. Tom made breakfast and then took Jake to the shooting range. They brought home with them chocolates, a plant and Pinesol for me..... Need to get the bathrooms cleaned again... Lucas and I hung out at home and watched movies and worked on his homework. Trying to get him caught up before going back to school. Then we had Burgerville for dinner - just love those fish and chips. Then I watched my sunday night "cry" show of Extreme Homemaker. Such a great show but such a sad story this week. Had to break it up with the Survivor finale - three hours of Survivor!!! Or maybe it was two, can't remember.... I mixed it up with some Brothers and Sisters and Army Wives... By the time I went to bed at 11, I was having tribal council, a wedding and saluting with fatigues bouncing around in my head... Hard to get to sleep with all that...

Yesterday, was a good day. Felt like I got some things done. Lucas and I were ready to get out of the house. I had some work to turn in so we went to HOTP for a bit. Finished those up and picked up more work. I had made a photo frame for Scott with pictures of his new little girl over the weekend so I wanted to give that to him. When I was at Scrapbook Attack awhile back, I found this paper that said Dude all over it. This was perfect for Scott, because he calls everyone Dude. It even had dinosaurs and such on it. Definitely boy paper. But I mixed it with some pink paper, paint, a little flower, some ribbon and brads and three pictures that Sherry took shortly after Clara was born. I put a title across one corner that said, will she say "Dude". It turned out pretty cute and Scott really liked it. He needed a little touch of pink around his desk anyway... Maybe I will snag it back from him next time I am in and get a picture of it. Save the idea for the next time I need to make a frame.... lol

Then we stopped by Boxer while we were making our way back home. Angie and Vicki are getting ready to head out of town again for another convention so wanted to just see them for a bit before they left. I only work there once a week so I really miss them when they are out of town... These are two women that I am so blessed to have in my life. True friends that make me smile just thinking about them... Have a great show, ladies! Sure wish I was going with you. Have a lobster for me and send me a postcard! Lucas wanted to see Angie's puppy, Cabo, too. She is just the cutest thing... He enjoyed that and perked him up a bit. He is getting pretty nervous about going back to school so it worked out to give him a little puppy therapy. Funniest part was when he went into the house to see Vicki's dogs out back. Koda is her Boxer, he is a very cute dog, but really not the smartest.... Lucas stuck out his hand to the window to Koda and Koda went to lick his hand, but got the window instead.... Guess he is a window licker.... lol Think Lucas realized later too that was kind of silly to stick his hand out to a dog that is outside.... Oh well, he is on pain medication, right????

Vicki gave me casserole cookbook and I have been struggling all morning which one to make for dinner tonight. They all look so yummy! We are definitely a casserole family... They are so easy to make and I love having the leftovers for lunches.... So will let you know which one wins out and will be first to try tonight. THANK YOU VICKI! You are the best...

Thought I would take Lucas out to lunch on our way home. He wanted to go to Red Robin for a burger. It was nice to just hang out with him. It is funny what kinds of things the boys want to talk about when they are alone with us one on one...

We made it home in time to get Jake from school and took him to lacrosse practice. Somehow, I have ended up with planning the end of the season party for the team. I just asked the coach if there was someone planning one - instead, I got - oh that is a great idea - let me know what you come up with.... So now I am searching for lacrosse medals for the players, collecting money from parents, reserving a pizza place, and putting together coaches gifts.... Oh and I am making the memory book for the 5th grade party coming up!!! Somehow I missed the planning meeting for that but they found me and asked if I would like to put that together.... Will be working on that this weekend and then going to take it to be copied. AHHHH!!!

After lacrosse, Tom picked up Jake and took him to Scouts. I came home and hung out with Lucas. Think I fell asleep on the couch sometime about 8:30....

Today - Lucas has his follow up appt from his surgery. I am hoping she gives him the go-ahead so he can go back to school tomorrow. They have a field trip to the zoo on friday, but I don't think he will go. That is a lot of walking and if he is not supposed to be doing PE for 2 weeks, probably shouldn't be walking the zoo. So will just keep him home that day. Hopefully though, he can at least go Weds/Thurs.

But I am looking forward to next weekend. This weekend, we have lacrosse game and yardwork. But the following, I am taking the weekend for a getaway. I am going to take the train to the big station of Tukwilla and hanging out with my buddy Vicki. I am hoping Katrina can come along too. Then we will stay the weekend at Vicki's house in Maple Valley. Saturday, we will drive to Anacortes, catch the ferry to Friday Harbor, and go whale watching.... Then head back to Vicki's. I will bring the train then home Sunday. Should be a great weekend.... relaxing and I will go someplace I have never been, Friday Harbor, and do something I have never done, whale watching! That is how I want to start this next decade of my life...

Well, the sleepyhead is finally awake. Lucas has been doing a lot of sleeping this past week. Must be hungry, I see an egg mixture going into the skillet. These boys sure like to cook...
That is a good thing.

So should get my day started. Enjoy your tuesday. We are supposed to have some warm temperatures end of this week - hope it doesn't get too hot... I don't like hot... But will love to see the sunshine!

Til next time...
Laura

2 comments:

Paris said...

Sorry to hear you have the blahs. No fun. Glad you had a nice mom's day though... very good. You needed that. Also happy to hear that Lucas is up and about. I bet those doggies would cheer up anyone... too cute. Let's try to get together for lunch or something to celebrate your bday when I get back. I know you will have a great time in Friday Harbor... that is just the coolest place. Hugs to you, p

My name is Shanna said...

That was a great catch up! I hope the doc releasing Lucas for school. Sounds like his recovery is going well. Yea!!

Enjoy your weekend, girl! I am thrilled to see that you have it planned. You deserve it!

Shanna