Sunday, May 4, 2008

weekend wrap-up...

Well, this weekend is almost over - again!  If anyone ever finds a way to slow down time, please share the secret.

Friday - ended up with Tom still employed.  So that was a good thing.  But he still does not feel comfortable.  I am not sure what is going on with him.  It is almost like he is waiting for it to happen instead of looking around - seriously.  The jobs he is finding are not local.  I want to stay LOCAL!!!  Anyway, keep your fingers crossed.  This added stress really is not needed or wanted in our lives right now.

Friday night, Lucas went to a birthday party/sleep over.  So he got about two hours sleep.....  Oh that just made him such a happy boy on saturday...

Weather was ok saturday am until we went to the lacrosse games at 1pm.  Poured during the games.  Jake had two back to back.  They lost the first one but won the second.  They needed a win.  This has been such a hard season so far and they were making some progress with working together and had a good game.

Saturday night - Jake had a friend over and they played the wii and watched a movie.  He didn't want a big bday party - just to hang with a friend.  So that was pretty easy to do..  He had a good time with his buddy.  It was funny to listen to the two of them talk.  They are so much alike - even down to the same hair style!  

That brings us to today.  Catch up day on laundry and finish up work projects.  Starting Wednesday, I am going to be off with Lucas and only working as I can so trying to get some things done prior.  We go tomorrow for our tour and pre-op registration so hopefully that means wednesday will be a go.

The sun is out so far and I hope that means it will just be a nice peaceful day!  Enjoy the day....

Til next time.
Laura
  

4 comments:

Team Immel said...

hey, you stole the title for my next blog entry!!!! i guess great minds think alike. that's so funny. i've been planning that in my head and you swoop in and use it first. i guess you snooze you lose eh?

if you figure out how to slow down time, let me know too.

busy weekend for us too. i'm already wiped and we still have soccer tryouts and packing for kaelin's class trip tonight. sigh.

enjoy the weather. hate to complain, but now it's too hot for me. :(

xoxo
si

My name is Shanna said...

Happy birthday to Jake!

Job prayers for Tom!

Wishing sleep for Lucas!!

Glad to read that your 2 worst fears have been distilled. Now hoping you can find some answers! I know what 'not knowing' can do to a gal. :o(

Sending you big hugs and tons of smiles! I wish I were there to make you laugh. We certainly know how to make trouble and have fun! lol

Take care of you.
Shanna

Jennie said...

you are so cute... and so busy!

i don't know how you do it all!

Paris said...

What a busy weekend for you guys. I'm so relieved that Tom still has a job. Whew. Happy bday to Jake!! I will be thinking of you all this week... please let me know if there is anything I can help you with. Hugs, p