Monday, August 11, 2008

why even bother making a plan???

Well, this must be the summer of changed plans…. Seems like there hasn’t been much that has gone according to the plan.

So with that said… here is the latest update of changed plans.

I drove up yesterday to take the boys to summer camp. Smooth drive, without incident. The campsite was in a beautiful setting on Hood Canal. If I was a camper, I would of stayed in a heartbeat. But as the boys unloaded their packs and got checked into camp, I found out the ferry schedule and then headed to Bainbridge Island. I caught the ferry over to Seattle and then drove to Vicki’s house in Maple Valley. This really is such a pretty area. If they could just get rid of the expense of living here and all the traffic – I could live here.

I had a nice dinner with Vicki and her girls. We watched Army Wives and called it a night. As I was setting up to do some work this am, I turned on my phone and had a message from Lucas. He was having such a hard time at camp. The trails to get around were gravel and loose dirt. Lots of hills and just overall too hard to do on crutches. The scout leader thought it would be best if he went home.

I packed up my things. Had a short breakfast visit with Vicki and headed back to the ferry. Got to camp and couldn’t find Lucas. He did make it up to the Archery Field so I made my way that direction. Found Lucas and Jake both there – so that was pretty cool. I watched them shoot arrows for awhile. A camp vehicle picked up Lucas and took him to his campsite. I wandered over there but couldn’t stop from taking pictures… lol Just such an amazing area.

We got Lucas’ pack put together and he started hobbling to the parking lot. I lugged his pack – man, what did he pack??? Finally, I just dropped the pack and went to get the truck. I drove a bit past the restricted area – oh well. What are they going to do, give me a ticket???

Then I went back to the camp office – signed him out and we headed home. Figured I should probably get him in to the doc again this week. Have an MRI and just see what really is going on in there. He is not getting any better. If anything, he is getting worse.

So as we are driving home, I am seeing all these cute little motels along the water and just really not wanting to go home… But before I knew it, we were in Shelton and away from the water. Tom called and I told him that I really wish I could just turn around and stay a night. It is so pretty here. He says – just let me know… Oh well, in that case, we pulled over and called information about those little motels. I got ahold of Sunrise Motel. Very reasonable rates and with a view! So back we went to Hoodsport. I got Lucas settled into the room - ok I see now why the rates are so reasonable. Grabbed a burger from around the corner for us for dinner and now I am sitting on the deck outside our room looking over the docks and water. There are guys fishing to the right of me and there are people out in their boats to the left. Birds flying around and the sun is starting to go down… Now this is vacation! I wish I could stay all week…. It just doesn’t take much for me anymore to totally get hooked on this laid back whole relaxed thing. Guess the hustle and bustle of live just really makes me enjoy it when I can.

Well, better see about getting Lucas in the shower and cleaned up. Camping definitely is a dirty adventure… We will be home tomorrow and I will share some of the pictures I have been taking here. Just not the same as being here though – add this to my list of must come back to….

Til next time…
Laura

No comments: