Saturday, August 16, 2008

busy morning ramblings....

Well, another Saturday morning around here. Just the usual. Get the laundry going. Load and start the dishwasher. It is going to be another scorcher of a day here today, so thought I would put a pot of beef stew going in the crock pot for dinner. Because come dinner time, the last thing I am going to want to do is cook something for dinner.

Last night, Tom took Lucas and I out to dinner at Newport Bay. Think everyone else had the same idea because it was crowded. We received a gift card of $$ off and it expired on the 21st.. Heard a few other people saying that they needed to get in and use it before it expired - again - reason for the restaurant to be so busy. That marketing mailing was working for them... Anyway, was a good salmon dinner.

After dinner, I made peanut butter bars. A recipe I found on Mary Ruth's blog - girl - you post some yummy treats!!!! Tom and Lucas really liked those treats and since I didn't have to turn on the oven - even better.

Jake comes home from summer camp this afternoon. I hope he had a good time. I am sure he did - bunch of boys with adult supervision at a minimum.... oh yeah! I saw him for a bit on Monday when I went back to pick up Lucas and just trying to get a goodbye out of him was like - oh yeah - see ya mom. Got things to do... Oh well, I am glad he was having a good time.

I have a baby shower to go to this afternoon. Finished making a card this morning so better make a run to the store and pick up a gift. The mom is having a little girl so I get to shop in the pink section! Only bummer about going shopping now is the crazy back to school shoppers. Gees - what is with that? Do they not see that when they try on 15 pairs of shoes and leave them in the aisle that this could cause a problem for other people who are trying to go down the aisle with a cart!!! Please.... Anyway, better get to it, my morning is getting away from me.

Have a good day. If it is a hot where you are as it is here - stay cool! Hoping this is the last of our heat wave...

Til next time.
Laura

2 comments:

Team Immel said...

sounds like a good dinner plan. those peanut butter bars sound divine. got any for me? lol would love the recipe!

we never got school shopping except for supplies. my kids don't care about clothes and we just buy stuff as needed. it stays warm until oct and they just wear their summer clothes til then and then they'll have grown. i'd hate to fight those shoppers and their shoes in the aisles!

have fun shopping for a girl and at the baby shower! sounds fun!

xoxo
si

MaryRuth said...

I'm glad you like the recipe! I wish I could say my 40 lbs weight gain thus far was just baby... but unfortunately quite a bit of it can be attributed to PB bars!

thanks for the Valley Forge post card. I LOVE VALLEY FORGE!!!!!!!

I miss you so much!!!