Saturday, August 9, 2008

hello all....

Well, here it is Saturday again... Just been doing laundry, mowing the "grass" aka dry weeds, grocery shopping and house chores today... The boys are getting packed for summer camp. I can't believe summer is almost over. Only a few more weeks and we will be back into the school routine.

Last night was Bunco. That was fun. Always good to have some good laughs. I stopped on the way and picked up Guitar Hero for the boys' Wii. They were up pretty early this am playing it already.

Tomorrow, I take the boys to summer camp. We will be back next saturday. I am going to go visit friends in the area while the boys are at camp near Shelton, WA. I hope Lucas will be ok as his knee is still giving him trouble. Tom picked him up some crutches today and I think they are helping him get around a little more. Maybe this will help his knee heal without so much pressure on it.

Send up some happy thoughts.... I have several friends and family going through so much right now and they could use a little extra sent their way. A friend, Loritta, had a second surgery on her shoulder this week and the shoulder was beyond repair. This was not good news. While she was recovering from this shoulder's first surgery, she tripped and injured her other shoulder. She is waiting to meet with her doc and see if anything can be done for that one. While she is trying to recoop from these injuries, her husband is suffering from cancer. It doesn't look good. She has so much on her plate right now....

Another friend, Beth, had surgery on her back yesterday. She did call one of the bunco gals last night and she was home and doing well. She had pain from the incision but she said that for the first time in three years, she wasn't in pain. Beth - I hope you have a speedy recovery.

Then my neice, Miranda, is in the hospital again. They are not sure what exactly is going on with her. She has had so many things she has gone through since she was 11 years old. She is now 24 and still faces so many difficulties. She just came back from a wedding in Spokane and her foot was really swollen. They took x-rays thinking it may of been broken. She doesn't have feeling on her right side so she might have done something to it and not even know it. Then they were saying she might have a blood clot. But then at the same time, they just really don't know. Anyway, please keep her in your thoughts. She is a special young woman and could just finally catch a break....

Of course, Shauna, you are always in my thoughts. This was a chemo week for you so I hope you are feeling a little better now later in the week.

Paris - you always have so much on your plate - I hope you are getting by and have finished up all those brushes.

Mary Ruth - I hope that you are doing well with being pregnant. I can only imagine how miserable you are in that Texas heat....

It just seems that life has been so hard lately. What happened to the happy ever after? I hope that things turn better soon.

So off to finish getting ready to leave town. Hugs to you all hope you have a good week.
Laura

4 comments:

Jennie said...

hello!

i love reading your blog... it makes me feel like we are more like neighbors...

love ya!

Paris said...

Safe travels to WA. I hope you have a great time. All in your post will be in my prayers and thoughts. Thanks for your nice thoughts for me... finished the brushes this afternoon. Now I'm enjoying a nice relaxing day watching the Olympics. Really needed this break. Calm before the storm though ;) lol

Team Immel said...

enjoy your week away! i hope you have the bestest time ever!
i'm sorry to hear of everyone and their troubles. i will keep them all close to my heart. thanks for the shout out. i'm doing great, so don't worry about me!
love ya.
xoxo
shauna

MaryRuth said...

hi! Love reading your blog! thanks for the nice shout out about me.

Doing good. Six weeks left. So much to still do.

Love you!!