Monday, August 4, 2008

this is going to be short....

because I am exhausted!

I got home early this am about 1:30. Our flight was delayed about an hour out of Philly as we waited for a crew.... Hmmmm, that is what happened when we tried to fly from Philly last year on that same flight. Anyway, we made good time and got in just about 30 minutes past our original arrival time.

So got home, dropped the bags and the door and went straight to bed.

Jake woke me up at 4:30am to say goodbye. He and Tom were taking off for their 45 mile hike around the Sisters Mountains.

I went back to sleep and Lucas woke me up as he hobbled around the house at 7:30am. His has been having alot of pain in his knee all weekend.

So with him thumpin' around, I was pretty much awake.

Caught up on laundry today.. Geez - how many towels can three guys use in five days? I think I did three loads of just towels today. Called the doc's office and took Lucas in at 3:30 this afternoon. Looks like he may have some small tears in the ligaments in his knee along with some fluid. So he is to rest it, ice it and take ibuprofen 3 times a day. Well, football camp was to start at 5pm tonight. So we went with our doc note and he followed along in camp from the sidelines. Then we were off to scouts. Again another doc note because summer camp is next week. Got that figured out and now going to try to find something quick to eat. And then I am off to bed.

I have some great pictures from my weekend and some funny stories to tell. But right now, I am just too tired and wiped out. Will post again tomorrow after a good full night of sleep - at least 8 hours....

Til next time.
Laura

2 comments:

Paris said...

Hope that Jake and Tom have a great time on their hike. What a bummer about Lucas' knee. Hope he feels better soon. So glad you are home, and can't wait to hear your funny stories. Get some rest!!

Team Immel said...

get some sleep! i can't wait to see the pix and hear the stories! so glad tom and jake could go enjoy themselves. it's awful hot out there though! and i'm sorry about lucas' knee. what a bummer.
does laundry ever end? ugh!!!
glad you're home safe and sound.
xoxo
shauna