Sunday, August 24, 2008

Nicholas Family news...

So been another busy week. Work, work, and more work. Kids, kids and more kids...

I took Lucas to football practice this week. Poor kid is still not able to play. He has been hobbling around on crutches and just watching from the side lines. I finally got ahold of an orthopedist that can see him on the 4th - instead of the 29th of Sept. And they want an MRI before the appointment. So hoping we can get that this week. At least if we could find out if this is something serious or if it will work it's way out and possibly he can play this season. Or if we need to pull him out and get him healed up for next year. Yesterday, we went to the jamboree. The team did pretty well. It was exciting to be in the stands again. But a bummer to see Lucas on the sidelines on his crutches. He gets pretty down in the dumps because he can't play so it was cool at the end of the jamboree, one of the coaches said - hey Lucas, when are you going to be back in the house? We need you man. That was great for him to hear and he walked a little taller.

Wednesday was Bob (Loritta's husband) service. It was very nice. I went over to her house for a bit after with a couple gals from the bunco group. She is holding up pretty good. Breaks my heart she has to go through so much. It is wonderful that she has so many people around to support her.

Friday was my buddy Sadie's last day at work. I have known Sadie for close to 10 years now. She took classes of mine when I taught at a store in Vancouver. So the boys and I went down and met her for lunch along with a big group of others from work. Then the little stinker snuck off and paid for everyone's lunch... We were supposed to be taking her for lunch... But I have so enjoyed having her there. We would go out to lunch and just have some good laughs. I will miss her. Now we will just have to have dinners together...

Jake, Lucas and I did some closet cleaning yesterday. Did our inventory of what they need to start school. I am hoping over this next week to get my house "clean swept" so we can start off the new school year somewhat organized... If I can figure out what that is...

Tom and Jake are planning a hike/camping trip next weekend. Think they are going somewhere around Mt Hood. So will finish up house stuff and getting ready for school.

Today it is raining - I am kind of glad to see it. We have had some really weird weather here but something about the rain just makes things fresh again.

My parents came by for a visit today. Mom's garden is in full swing so she brought me corn on the cob, green beans, zucchini, fresh cut flowers and even some canteloupe. Think the canteloupe were from the store though... So tonight with the goulash, we will have fresh corn and melon. May make some zucchini bread tomorrow after football. Mom also brought me a bunch of pictures that her mom had. Grandma passed away earlier this summer and I made a small photo board for the service. Mom didn't know what to do with the board and the remaining photos, so looks like a memory book I will be making... Just need to make the time to do it. She had a bunch of pics of me growing up. I don't have any but one of me at age 2. So even though they are not flattering pictures, it is nice to have them. I may brave it one day and share them...

Sorry our movie escape didn't work out today, Shauna.... We will have to try again soon.

So - better finish up dinner. Load some more laundry. Get some stinky boys to take their showers. Finish up some more projects for work and call it a night before Army Wives...

Enjoy the rest of your evening.
Til next time.
Laura

2 comments:

Paris said...

Whew... made me tired just reading about your crazy schedule!! lol Hope that you get some answers for Lucas so he can get back in the game soon. How nice to have a visit from your folks and to get all those garden goodies! Yum! Miss you lots.

Team Immel said...

i'm glad you got to spend time with your mom yesterday. we'll do a movie soon. i was so wiped out from my weekend, so it's a good thing i stayed home and chilled anyways.

i'm sorry that lucas is on the sidelines. that is never fun and so hard to watch and want to play. good luck with the docs.

i'm not sure how you and paris do all that you do. listen to you. you two are like superwomen, it amazes me.

have a good week. sorry to hear about loretta's husband and sadie's last day of work. :( it's nice that they both have such a great friend like you.

xoxo
shauna