Monday, September 1, 2008

is it really September already???

I can't believe that it is September already. The summer has just flown by. Tomorrow the boys start school - two middle schoolers, oh boy.... We got looking at the calendar and we have stuff going every single weekend for the month! That is aside from Football if Lucas is able to play. He is still wanting to go to the games though. It will be a busy month... The scout carwash on the 6th, bunco on the 12th, archery field on the 13th and Tom and Jake have something on the 14th - can't remember now...., out of town company coming the weekend of the 19th, the 20th - I help teach at a work event, Tom and Jake will be gone that weekend too for a scout thing, then the weekend of the 26th, that is Lucas' birthday. Whew - that isn't even with week stuff... I am tired already.

Today, just been hanging out.. The scouts are putting on a car wash next saturday. If you are in the area and need your car washed - come by Les Schwab on Walker Rd and 158th between
11am-4 pm. Will have the boys wash your car. So we went today to pick up some supplies for the boys to make signs tonight at their meeting.

Then of course the usual laundry. Tom took Lucas to get a haircut. This was a first - Lucas asked if we could take him??? Hmmm, is there someone we are impressing at this new school?

I read Paris' blog and she made a cobbler from the Pioneer woman site - I had to try it. thepioneerwoman.com - there is a blackberry cobbler debate. Both sound so yummy. Tonight though, we are trying cobbler #1. Didn't have all that was needed for #2. I am taking dessert to bunco so will make #2 then. I could not believe how simple this was to make. I am sure it will be yummy - it certainly is making the house smell wonderful as it bakes. I am inspired with new recipes and wanting to try new things after reading your blog, Paris. You Martha Dukes you....

Since I am going to the scout meeting tonight with Tom and the boys - I better finish up getting done what I need to today. This long weekend went by too fast... Will let you know how the cobbler comes out...


Til next time...
Laura

2 comments:

MaryRuth said...

ooooh I guess I'll have to hunt down the recipes (unless you want to post them :)... I love me some cobbler!!!

Paris said...

What a crazy schedule you will have this month. I kind of dread getting back to this hectic life... here we go, hang on tight!! Hope you enjoyed the cobbler. Good stuff.

Hey, maryruth, check out thepioneerwoman.com for the recipes. Her site rocks.