Thursday, September 25, 2008

fall is here....


I really think this is my favorite time of year. I love the chilly mornings, leaves changing, getting out the sweaters and going to football games. I took this picture from a field of sunflowers while driving down to Sherwood Monday morning. Went to pick up my left overs from the garage sale. Did pretty good - over hundred dollars - so of course, bought a ton of adhesives right away.

But I think my Dad took Fall in a whole new meaning. He was on an 8 foot scaffolding Tuesday working on an addition on their rental house. The board flipped out beneath him and he fell directly on his head. Over 20 stitches to the huge gash on his head, an overnight stay in the hospital and pretty stiff and hurting. Think he will be ok - but what will he do when Spring comes along????

Anyway, better get to my day. Just wanted to stop in and say good morning.
Til next time...
Laura

4 comments:

MaryRuth said...

I love fall too! too bad we don't really get fall here.

Hope your dad is ok!!!

Team Immel said...

fall is my favorite too!

sorry to hear about your dad. how very scary. wow. glad he's going to be ok.

miss you!!!
xoxox
shauna

Jean said...

My favorit time of year too!
Sorry to hear about your Dad! Hope he is doing okay!!!!
Jean

Paris said...

Yup, fall is my fave too :) It is summer here in Idaho!! Hot and humid during the day! Can't wait to get back to Oregon!!