Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Scrap it Forward...

Today I received an email from a gal that I met while I coordinated the volunteers for the CK Conventions a few years ago. Shree is just one of these people that you remember, whether you are in contact with her just once, twice or even every day. I could just tell she was a "good egg" the first time I met her. Today, proves my theory again.

Shree contacted me about ways she could help a mother in her area. The mom had lost her 13 year old son in a terrible boating accident this July. This mom would love to have her photos in a scrapbook to share her memories with her remaining small children and family. She is overwhelmed and not sure where to begin. So Shree is asking for our help. Scrapbookers (I have met so many of you over the past 10 years) have so much compassion. I am hoping you can help us now. Shree is going to post a contest on www.acherryontop.com - she is asking that we submit layouts to help this mom create her scrapbook. (I believe the album is 12x12) Schree is also collecting product donations and those that donate layouts will be part of a drawing for the prize of donated products. I have gone through my scrap room and found some sample layouts that I had done for classes and such. The mom can just add photos and her journaling and the pages will be complete.

These are some themes of the layouts I have...
- Christmas
- 4th of July
- birthday
- fall
- beach
- sports fan

Here are some other theme ideas that the mom has photos of...
- beach vacation
- lake
- baby
- Halloween
- Disneyland
- skateboarding
- family
- school
- sight seeing
- soccer
- scouts
- friends
- cruise - mexican riviera

If you are interested in Scrapping It Forward and helping out with this, I would be happy to pass on Schree's address and you can submit your layouts. She will be collecting layouts from Sept. 15 - Oct. 15th. The drawing will be on Oct. 15th.

Your help is so greatly appreciated.


Til next time...
Laura

3 comments:

Team Immel said...

what a nice thing for you to do. i wish that i could say that i'd do some scrapbook pages for it, but i know i'll never get around to it and then i'd feel bad that i committed myself. so i'm not going to make a commitment. i will look thru my scrapbook stuff when i get it from you and i'm sure i have some layouts that are already done too. as well as product. so i will pass those on. you are a good friend and a good egg yourself!

xoxox
shauna

Paris said...

Good for you, Laura. What a nice thing to do!! I agree with Shauna... you are a good friend and person :)

ScrapNSister1 said...

Thank you so much Laura, you are simply wonderful! I do have a few sponsors so far and crossing my fingers that more roll in prior to the close of the contest. Thank you for helping me out even when your house was chaos with surgery, etc; at the same time. Wishing him a speedy recovery! Kind of strange but my nephew had a similar injury to the growth plate in his wrist and he was also playing football at the time. However the injury was because he didn't listen to his mother and was running through the house and fell. See...mother's are always right. Have a great weekend.

Schree