Thursday, September 4, 2008

why do we dream this way?

Ok, so I am not sure how these are all related or if it is simply the fact that I went to bed right after having Taco Bell soft tacos for dinner... But last night - I had the weirdest dream that it needs to be shared. The funny thing is that it seemed so real and even though I was up so many times during the night, it just seemed to be continued like Season 1 of my life....

Anyway, here is a list of characters for you just to show how bizarre this was and you can decide if you want to keep reading...

Me and my Boys
Mindy, Loritta, and Beth (Gals from my Bunco group)
June and Kathy Jo (Friends I have met through Scrapbooking and we have gone to some CKU’s together, done lighthouse tours on the coast together and have just had great times together - good friends)
Vicki, Terri, Judy, Danita, and Stacy ( all people I have met through the conventions and traveled with)
David Ray(also from the conventions that I haven’t even seen in more than three years probably.)
Scott (works pre-press at HOTP)
Shauna and Paris (also friends from scrapbooking and also were co-workers at HOTP)
friendly tow truck man from Canby
some playful polar bears
a large crane
some kind of pier dock thing in a hurricane
a train
and Betty White from the Golden Girls....

So I am not sure where we were going, but I was driving a huge RV (probably bigger than than the one I drove to Alaska) and needed to make a right turn at a light. The intersection was along this waterway like I was on a dock. Kind of even like a slip in a dock where you would park a boat because it wrapped around the water. Anyway... I couldn’t make the turn and ended up in the water. There was this ledge type thing under the water about 4 feet so the RV was resting on this ledge. Not sure how, but it ended up perfectly parallel parked along the street where I was turning. As the water started to cover the floor of the RV, the boys started giving me emergency evacuation guidelines that they had learned in one of those mock emergency drills where an earthquake has hit or something. (My boys have never been to one of these by the way. Although there is one scheduled on the scout calendar for later this month....) As the boys are putting on life vests made from their seat cushions in the RV, I am calling AAA. AAA sends out a tow truck for me and it is my friendly tow truck guy from Canby who towed my van a couple times and seems to remember me every time I run into him in the Canby area.... He comes out and looks at the RV and just is puzzled on how this happened and not really sure what he can do. For some reason though - the boys and I got out of the RV, but we weren’t on the dock, we were in a boat behind the RV so I was watching it all from the water and could see the RV parked along the dock in the water... As the tow truck driver was trying to figure out what to do, 7 polar bears started playing in the water around the RV. The side door wasn’t closed all the way so some got inside and were playing at the table and sitting in the seats up front. The boys lunch was on the table so they were eating that. The bears up front got the radio going so that was blasting with the latest and greatest hits sung by Kathy Jo and June. Now with the polar bears involved and they were endangered species in this area, the tow truck driver was no longer within his jurisdiction to remove the RV from the water. A crane would need to be called in. So a big huge Ford pick up with crew cab and dualies shows up and Paris is driving. I am not sure how tall Paris is but she is not very tall next to me. So Little tiny Paris in this big huge truck with Shauna. Neither of them can get out very easily so they release the blowup slide from their doors and slide out of the truck. They are the crane operators. Since I was so late by this time (must be a regular thing for me because it was never really clear where I was going or why I was late....) they would take care of getting the RV out of the water for me and take the boys to the airport so they could get back home for school.

So I take the boat and go to this long pier thing. There are stairs up to the top where there is a line of people starting to form. They are putting on their yellow rain slickers and waiting to head out on the pier. At the head of the line is Scott. He has a backpack on with his little girl, Clara, in it. He is the tour guide across the pier. Since there are hurricane force winds and rains crossing the pier, no one is allowed across without Scott. In the line, I find Vicki, Terri, Judy, Danita and Stacy. They are all in their slickers and for some reason have matching shoes. Scott takes us out across the pier. Along the way, Scott gave us points of interest about the waves, wind speeds and why the wind made the rain come at us horizontally. The pier was more like just a long dock where we went up to another deck, more stairs and then finally we came out by a train. Not your typical passenger train, but a freight train. Everyone got into the cars, but the one I tried to get into was full so I got in the one to the front. It was very dark and only two little cut outs in the sides to see out. I kept looking around for David Ray and wondering if he got on the train. I looked out the window facing the next car and was talking through it to Mindy, Beth and Loritta. They didn’t know where David was but who was I with? Will I be able to see out of that car when it was time for my stop? I turned around to look through the dark to see who was in the car - I said, “ I am here with Betty White....”

Then I woke up - what on earth??? How strange is this - nothing really makes sense. All morning, I just felt exhausted because it all felt so real.

So I guess Taco Bell soft tacos + acid reflux = extremely bizarre dreams....

Hope to sleep better tonight!
Laura

5 comments:

Paris said...

LOL... maybe somebody spiked your lemonade ;) That cracks me up!!

Team Immel said...

that is so funny. it sounds like an episode of "Lost" or something!!! lol i'm honored to grace your dreams. xoxoxo shauna

p.s. i need to get my stuff back from you so you have room in your craft room and life's a scrapbook is having a garage sale. i also have some mags to send with you for scott. i'm going to try and make the car wash tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

I love bunco, too. Check out my website for bunco score sheets. It has lots of free stuff and party ideas.

Suggestions for improvement welcome.:) Thanks!

MaryRuth said...

ok i'm totally offended i wasn't in your weird dream :) I mean honestly... if David Ray gets to be in your dream, I should get to be in your dream... after all we were roommates on many occassions! :)

MaryRuth said...

and I was totally just joking... i'm in no way offended... I know you get my sacrcasm... not sure if people who odn't know me will get it though.