Monday, September 22, 2008

so who's birthday is it???

This weekend has been filled with new memories and many many many laughs and just good times. We had some gals come to visit from all parts of the country. Shauna introduced me to an online group many years ago and it is always tons of fun to see them in person. Almost two years ago, when I helped to put on an event in Shauna's honor, many of these same gals came to visit and attend the event. The night before we went to Chevy's and Shanna from California told the waitress that it was Shauna's birthday - so the sombrero and dessert came out. This weekend, she told them again. But we changed it up a bit to make it a photo opp...

Is it Shauna from Beaverton????

Is it Michelle from Arizona????
Is it mine???
Is it Heidi from Arizona????

Is it Angie from Indy????
Is it Ali from Utah???
Is it Paris from Beaverton???? Or is it Shanna from California????

Made for some great laughs, good pictures and the amazing part was the dessert was not spilled all over the table or someone!

Saturday, I missed the fun with the girls. They went to see some sites but I was working at the HOTP Girlfriend's Getaway event. We had a good turn out. I taught two classes and helped the rest of the day with the others.

Then I went and caught up with my family and watched the last half of Lucas' football team. They played against Tigard and won 14-8. It was a great game. It was hard to watch Lucas on the sidelines again, but so very cool at the end. He stood at the front of the lined up team and they all went through and gave him a high five. Then he turned around and high fived all of Tigard's team. He definitely is learning a lot this season about supporting the team and sportsmanship.

We finished the evening by going to dinner at Applebee's. Good conversation with the boys and just hanging out together.


Sunday, I went back over to the hotel and caught up with the girls for breakfast. Just a laid back day. We took Ali and Angie out to the airport and sadly sent them off. Then it was back to the hotel to regroup and make a plan and let Shanna pack up her stuff to change rooms. Off to lunch we went - wow, seems like all we did was eat! We had a great lunch at Gustav's where Shauna joined us. The conversations took so many turns that I can't even get into those, but the laughter was the best. Good thing we were in the back of the restaurant....

Then we just visited more again back at the hotel for a couple hours. I had to head home and Michelle and Heidi soon after went to the airport. It was so great to see all of them and just have some fun. I look forward to the next girls weekend! I hope to catch up with Heidi and Michelle when I visit Arizona in January. Always good to have a plan - right???

But now it is Monday again.... They just seem to come around too quickly. My day started off with Tom saying we need to talk.... Never a good thing... Apparently Lucas is very smitten with a girl in his Spanish class and wants to ask her to a movie..... Uh, ok, that explains the grade in Spanish.... :) I found a progress report in his pocket when I was doing laundry. Wondered why he only gave me three last week.... Saved the one with the bad grade. Anyway, what do we do? How old are boys supposed to be before they ask a girl to the movies???? Is there a manual for teenage boys? I am so confused and so not ready for this.... We decided that when the grade comes up - we will talk about it again. But for now - focus is school and keeping the grades up. The kid isn't even 13 yet. Ok, ok, so he turns on friday.... But to mom - he is still 12!!!!!

Well, I am off now... Need to go to the local scrap store and pick up my left over garage sale items. I hope there isn't much and I can continue to downsize on my "stash". Gees - what happened to the time when all my scrap stuff fit into a shoulder bag. Oh - it developed into a rubbermaid bin, then several, then a room, then a converted garage to a full wall of cabinets!! Anyway, I hope the sale was a success for the store. Then I will meet up with Shanna - have another meal together :) - and then take her to the MAX so she can head to the airport.

Have a good monday.
Til next time.
Laura

2 comments:

Team Immel said...

loved your photos and wrap up of the time we all spent together! what fun we had! what laughs! my side still aches!!!! i think i gained 10 pounds over the weekend too, even with my illness! ;)

that is so funny about what you said about "that explains the grade in spanish". i laughed out loud at that one! too funny! when you figure out the dating and boy thing, let me know. i've got a 13 yr old myself and i'm clueless!

loved spending girlfriend time with you and the girls this weekend. what a fun silly bunch of gals.

enjoy your week. thanks for everything. hope your dad is ok. let me know if you need anything.

xoxo
shauna

Paris said...

Happy Un-birthday to us all! Fun times!