Wednesday, September 10, 2008

finally some MRI results...

Well, it was 10 days ago when we had the MRI for Lucas. His Pediatrician called tonight about 4:45 to tell me that he had the results. Apparently, it is not his knee - it is his hip. He has a slipped growth plate. We had some xrays back in January that showed some signs of this but apparently it was missed. Now somewhere over this summer he has injured it more to where it is causing him more pain. So our appointment for tomorrow with the sports medicine orthopedist is changed to meeting with an orthopedic surgeon. We are to not give him any food or anything after midnight as he may be going into surgery tomorrow afternoon. Sounds like they will put a screw into his hip to prevent it from moving. I don't know much more than that. Will know more after the appointment at 9:30. So be thinking happy thoughts and I will let you all know what comes about tomorrow.

Til then...
Laura

3 comments:

Paris said...

Thanks for texting me this afternoon. I hope everything goes well for Lucas tomorrow. So glad that you finally have some answers. If only it could have been before now. Keep me posted, and please let me know if you need anything. Big hugs, p

Jean said...

Oh dear, Poor Lucas! Good luck today at the orthopedic surgeon's office. Hope everything goes okay for him. Sending hugs to you too, it's so hard on the Mom too!!

Team Immel said...

i've never heard of that. that's crazy! poor lucas, he's too young to have to have surgery!!! i'll be holding him in my heart and hoping for the very best outcome!!

let me know if you need anything at all.

xoxox
shauna