Sunday, September 14, 2008

can it be true???

Tomorrow is Monday and I can't wait??? Been a crazy week and weekend and I am looking forward to the normalcy of getting back to work.

To catch up on Lucas - thursday night was rough for him. He had a hard time sleeping but has been doing pretty good since. He hasn't had to take any pain pills other than Aleve during the day and taking the stiffer stuff at night.

Saturday, Jake and I met up with Shauna for a brief minute. We are taking our extra scrap supplies to a garage sale at a local store so was taking her the leftovers from our garage sale. Was great to see her even if it was just a short minute since our playdate for coffee was put off for friday.

Then we headed towards the music instrument rental place. But seemed like the traffic was just stopped. I called the store and they said the roads were closed for a local parade. Decided we would just try later then. Went home and worked for awhile. Tom and Jake went to the Nature Park to walk. When they got back, we tried the store again.

Oh boy - what was I thinking. A little tip - if your kids are taking band - go for the smaller instruments. They aren't as loud. Or take up so much space. We now have a trombone and a saxophone in this house! We don't have that big of house... These boys haven't played these before. Jake's trombone is about as big as he is! I have quickly learned that I have a new appreciation for doors and headphones.... Lucas found three notes today that were repeated for 2 hours!!!!!!!!!!!

Saturday afternoon, I took Lucas' to his football game. He was feeling up to it so we went for the second half. They played Sunset (arch rival) and won 12-0. Glad he could be down there for part of it anyway.

Today has been a little yard work early this am before it got too hot, some household chores, some work and just hanging at home. My parents and my brother stopped by for a bit on their way home from the beach. Made them lunch and they were on their way. Tom and Jake spent the day at the range so it was pretty quiet around here - aside from the sax... I wonder if my neighbors can hear that? I haven't heard many dogs howling yet so maybe it is muffled.

I needed some things from the store so Jake went with me. We hit Sonic for a cherry lime aide before wandering the grocery store. I just hate going to the store. Still didn't come home with any plans for dinners this week. Just need someone to do that chore for me and I would be a happy person...

Anyway, better get the boys to bed. Army Wives will be on soon. I am so glad to see they are back with new shows.

Have a good rest of the night and a good week.
Til next time.
Laura

4 comments:

Paris said...

Great pics of the boys w/their instruments. Hope they have fun playing. What a busy schedule you have! Hope Lucas is feeling better.

Jean said...

love the pics of the boys! We had a trumpet player in our house but he gave it up. It's a good thing. OMG, it was so loud!!! Now we have a violin player and a piano, which they all play. Sorry to hear Lucas had a bad night Thursday. Hope he is doing better! Hope your Monday was back to normal, as you say! Sounds like you had a great weekend though!
Hugs

Team Immel said...

hope that lucas is on the mend. loved the photos with the instruments. think of all of the great photos those will bring thru out the years! i bet they will sound better with time too.

great to see you if only for a few too. i forgot to give you the bag of magazines i had for scott at work. duh. thanks for hauling all of that scrap crap to me.

looking forward to playing this weekend. still need to call and book a room.

xoxox
shauna

MaryRuth said...

I love Army Wives!!!