Thursday, September 11, 2008

what happened today....

Just a short little note as we are pretty wiped and heading to bed around here....

Lucas ended up having surgery this afternoon. They put a screw in his hip to prevent the growth plate from slipping anymore. He will remain on the crutches for another month and his foot should start to turn back in gradually over time. He is pretty tired but doing ok as far as pain and getting his appetite back. So thanks everyone for the happy thoughts and support. It is so greatly appreciated. I am hoping that this guy can start to get back to himself. End result is no football for this season. He will be helping the coaches from the sidelines.

So off to bed for me...
Thanks!
Laura

4 comments:

Paris said...

Thanks for keeping me posted today. So glad that you are home. Hope the healing goes well and that you can all get some rest. LMK if I can help you with anything. Let's get our coffee date rescheduled.

Jean said...

Oh man, I'm glad that Lucas is home and I wish him a speedy recovery!!!!

JaNae said...

Bless his heart! I'm so sorry he ended up having surgery & is sidelined for football. Hope the healing goes quickly and well! Thanks for the update.

MaryRuth said...

you guys have had a rough couple of months medically.. hope things look up for you soon!