Tuesday, March 4, 2008

been a bad blogger...

so while trying to wake up from what seems like just another short night of sleep and drinking my coffee, thought I would stop in to write a quick update for this past week.

Anymore, I just feel if I can make it through each day with everything that I need to do, the kids are to the places they need to be (with clean clothes on, fed, homework done....) I feel like it was a good day.  My calendar book is covered with something everyday and now that it is turned to a new month - I am overwhelmed to see that March is as full as February!
So guess we will just do a summary of the week here...

Monday, we had the appraisal for the house.  So for the two wild and crazy days of house cleaning, he didn't even spend more than 15 minutes in the house.  Now I guess we have to sign papers this friday night here at the house.  Why?  Don't they have an office?  So once again, going to have to do another mad and crazy day to clean house....   Tom and the boys went to scouts that evening.  It is kind of nice now that I will have that evening to do whatever it is that I need to do.  May go here and there to the meetings to see what they are all about.  While they were gone, I took a huge tub of toys to the Child Outreach.  Jake and I had cleaned out some of their toys last weekend to make more room in their "man cave".  They were very excited to see me there with that.  This is such a great facility.  Jake and I went and volunteered there once with the cub scouts.  You are given a person's name and you pull together, clothes, books, toys, etc for that particular person.  Then it goes to the agency for that child and then directly to them.  Jake felt really good knowing that he had put together all that one particular child would need and that it was free for them.  So we now donate all of our clothing, toys, books, etc. there.  After scouts, both boys came home with boxes of candy!  Apparently it is candy sales fundraiser time.  Lucas hooked up with a friend to see if they could sell more together, so he had two boxes of candy.  So Tom and I have been taking candy with us to work and trying to unload this anywhere that we can.  Because the clincher is, once the box is opened, it is yours.  It can not be returned!  Which means whatever they don't sell, we have to pay for....  So we are selling!  Anyone want a candy bar????  I even took Jake's box with me this weekend to the convention.  Hit the vendors up during tear down and left with only 4 bars left.  So pretty close.  Now just need to get Lucas' box sold.  He has jerky too so will take longer.  

Then Tuesday, Jake had tutoring that night so got some grocery shopping done.  I think of all errands - the grocery store is the worst.  I never feel organized enough to know what I am there for.  Even with a list!  So I ended up getting stuff and apparently Tom went to Costco while I was gone and got many of the same items but in Costco size....  No need to buy dish soap for awhile...  

Wednesday evening was the last family activity for Jake's cub scout group.  We met and put shadow boxes together with his shirt and all of his achievements from scouting.  That was fun.  Jake has had an awesome den leader the past 1 1/2 years that he has been in cub scouts.  She was so involved with all the boys and a just an overall wonderful role model for the boys.  This den was the last to cross over for her after 11 years in cub scouts.  We were so very grateful for our time with her.

Thursday - that day is a blur....  Oh I worked setting up the booth at the convention.  Convention weekends for me are almost like a time capsule.  The days are so long when it is finally over, it just felt like a week had passed.  Got home in time to watch the last half of Survivor, get Jake through homework and the boys in bed.  Then I worked on some projects for work and put together - I think it was about 16 pages for an album for Vicki.  She is a friend that I worked with on the Creating Keepsakes convention team.  She has retired from the team so we put together a memory album for her and had the many vendors sign it.  It is still a work in progress though as many are still going to add pages to it.  But finally ended that day about 3 am and caught a couple hour nap on the couch before starting my friday.

Friday - worked the make and takes at the convention.  These are always fun for me through all the work.  I see so many familiar faces and friends that has been just too long since our last visit.  Then this friday was the big day!  It was our 4th "official" wedding anniversary.  Sure does feel like 16 years though, and somedays even longer than that!  (Shauna - thank you so much for your offer to watch the boys that night, but I just would never feel right imposing on you like that - especially with all you have on your plate right now...  But your offer was grately appreciated.)  But we decided to try giving the boys the chance to stay at home together while we went out to dinner.  They are to the age where staying alone is ok, but the two of them together is a challenge.  But this was a special occasion and we thought we could trust them enough to try it....  911 on hold....  or at least speed dial....  food and movie rented....  Should be good for at least hour and a half, right???  So got them a pizza on my way home and they rented a movie with the On Demand.  We were off to dinner at McCormick and Schmicks.  Very nice dinner, table in the back, candles.....  But right next to a table of teenagers.  There were at least 6 girls and two moms.  This was a very expensive bday dinner by the end.  The bday girl was on her phone texting the whole time!  Even when they were singing Happy Birthday to her!  She at one point even shooshed them...  Give me a break!  Does she really have that much to say that is so important that it can't wait....   

But after our dinner, I called home.  I resisted until then.  Almost called them from the corner when I left!  They were doing pretty good.  Their movie had gotten over though so they started watching another.  Ok, you were only supposed to rent one!  But this was a free movie - Charlie's Angels of all things...  These boys are growing up.

Saturday was another day at the convention.  Good day.  We were much busier.  After we tore down, we went to dinner at Rheinlander.  Such a good time.  Amazing yummy food!  And just good times.  I had such a terrible headache all day.  But this wonderful amaretto drink I had seemed to put that headache away.  We ended up closing the restaurant with so many good memories and stories of our trips together and just overall good laughs.  Vicki liked her album and hope now that the rest of the pages get added!

Sunday, I worked some of my hours before going out target shooting with Tom and the boys.  It was a nice little drive and just a good time.  Nice to just hang out with them and talk too.  We left the radio off in the car and got to hear again how much they are growing up.  Jake's wittiness kept us laughing.  Especially Lucas.  Get that kid giggling and he is gone...  

Then last night was another scout night for the boys.  No more candy came home so that was good.  Instead of going to the store when everyone was gone, I used the quiet time to work on my projects for an event I am teaching at in Canada.  That is coming up in April so need to get that done so kits can be made and shipped, etc.  Will finish that up today at work...  

Then it was off to the store at 10pm when the boys were showered, homework done and in bed...  

But now it is tuesday morning and time to do it all over again.  Will try to keep up with the blog updates more than once a week :) !!!  Hope all is going well with you all that check in here with me.  Shauna - I think of you everyday.  I know you have so much to deal with but know that you are in my thoughts and I am sending you all the HOPE that I have to help fight this fight...  I hope that we can have a playdate soon with Paris - even if it is just for coffee....  

Have a good tuesday! Til next time.....
Laura

2 comments:

Paris said...

Happy Anniversary to you and Tom... Jim thought that was a great idea to get married on leap year day :) Can't believe the schedule you keep... made me tired just reading it! Wowser! Miss you lots and will look forward to coffee w/you soon. xoxoxo P

Team Immel said...

happy anniversary!!
thanks for the nice words of hope. appreciate it.
you are one busy girl.
i just couldn't keep that schedule anymore! crazy!!!!
i'm all up for a playdate - bring it on!!!
xoxo
si