Sunday, February 24, 2008

a "clean sweep" of this week....

Well, here it is Sunday again and I don't know where the week went.  Last Sunday, I was feeling productive and now this Sunday - just feel overwhelmed with a to-do list that I don't know how I will get through.  Luckily Tom and the boys are home and willing to help.
So to sum up this week...  Monday and Tuesday are a blurr.  I honestly can not remember what I did those days.  The boys were off from school... oh - Jake went on a field trip with his cub scouts.  They went to work on their last pin before crossing over to boy scouts.  They went to a local wetlands but it was closed for the President's day holiday.  So they went to McDonalds instead.  I am not sure how that relates to nature, but they got their pins....
Lucas and I went to the airport Monday and picked up Angie and Vicki.  They were gone to CHA and also a consumer convention in Costa Mesa.  They were gone for 11 days and good to have them home again.  I sure miss you girls when you are gone!  Glad you are home safe and sound.  I made dinner Monday night and made a second pan of ravioli lasagna so I would have it for the potluck Wednesday night.
Tuesday, Jake had tutoring that evening.  After that and homework and the boys were in bed, I made a photo board for the Cub Scout Blue and Gold Banquet that was on Wednesday night.  I had 140 photos to work with and got 80 of them onto the board.  Turned out pretty good and the boys sure liked looking at their photos at the dinner.
So that brings us into Wednesday.  The cub scouts had their banquet and crossing over ceremony into boy scouts.  This was at the same time of the eclipse so it was difficult to keep the attention of the kids and the "big" kids...  Pretty cool to watch and it was such a beautiful night so it was very clear to see..   Jake earned his Arrow of Light and received many of his last minute pins and badges at the ceremony.  He also received his new boy scout shirt, a mess kit, and a hat.  He was so excited.  At times, he has said he didn't want to go into boy scouts, but he really does enjoy everything they do.  But he was so proud Wednesday night.  Tom was there in his full scout uniform and was standing pretty proud himself.
Thursday, I checked in at Jake's tutoring to get an update of where he is at.  Wow - this boy has come along way.  When he started he was below second grade level.  Now he is in 6th grade level in many areas.  He is still struggling in one area and is at 4th grade level, but the director said that is a pretty difficult book he is working on.  It is just awesome to see him excited about reading.  He is seeing his own progress too.  The director said it is time for us to decide how far we want to keep going with the tutoring.  Jake says that he wants to start 6th grade next year a year ahead.  So guess we will keep going.  

Friday, I got to meet Angie's new puppy, Cabo.  She is just too cute and really tugs at me to want to get a dog....  Good thing the boys haven't seen her.  Welcome to the family, Cabo!  Angie, I hope you were able to get some sleep this weekend....

Friday night, we went to the Lumberjax lacrosse game.  Angie and Vicki gave us tickets for Christmas.  Thank you so much - girls!  We had a great time.  Awesome seats two rows behind the penalty box.  It was an exciting game.  The jax won and lots of fights...  :)  Tom and Lucas didn't realize there were going to be Jax dancers.  I couldn't even talk to them when the ladies were out.  Jake did everything he could to not watch and Tom and Lucas couldn't look away.  It was pretty funny.  Then since the Jax won, we took our tickets to Krispy Kreme for a free late night snack.

Saturday was a day of house cleaning.  Tom decided Thursday to refinance the house so we have an appraisal on Monday.  AH!!!  Mad house around here now to get things cleaned up and organized (at the least the appearance of it).  Got through my room, bathroom and the game room.  Did a dump of the toy boxes and put the legos in their own place again and put a huge toy box in the car for give away.  

Lucas had a sleep over birthday party last night so Tom, Jake and I went out to dinner.  Oh yummy Newport Bay.  I love that they will still make me stuffed shrimp and crab halibut even though it isn't on the menu anymore.  We stopped at Bed Bath and Beyond on the way for an omelet pan and a new pillow for Jake.   A couple fun family nights out...  

This morning, Tom made omelets..  They actually were pretty good.  Even had a fresh pot of coffee going when I got up.  These types of days start off to a good start...  Tom and the boys are going to start building a storage shed today.  Ours is caving in and just too small.  It is one of those metal ones so they are going to build a wood one this time.  I am going to finish off the house and my work hours today.  Good day to just hang out in the pjs!  Well, maybe at least sweats....   

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

7 comments:

Paris said...

I'm amazed at the schedule you keep, girl! Wow! Lots of good times tucked into your week, despite all the hard work. Hope we can get together soon. xoxo P

Team Immel said...

sounds to me like you were productive! i'm glad angie and vicki are home safe and sound too! and they have a new puppy? what kind???? cute!!!!!! love puppies!
your boys sound so productive too! i'm so jealous! my husband was gone 8am-9pm yesterday! and i'm off to a funeral today. another lady from my support group. spencer's got boat loads of homework to do. coming out his ears. which means i have homework! cool on getting your house refinanced. we need to do that sometime in the near future. have a happy productive day!
xoxo
shauna

Laura Nicholas said...

Paris and Shauna - you gals crack me up. Always first to comment here... P - hope Nat is feeling better!

You gals are the women with the schedules! kids, barn, cooking!

You can see the new puppy at www.boxerscrapbooks.com She is just too cute.... Little boxer puppy! Makes me get the urge for a puppy.... But I see how sleep deprived ang is and then think again...

Shauna - I am so sorry to hear about the lady from your support group. I will keep her and her family in my thoughts.

laura

Paris said...

Awww... we are your own personal stalkers ;)

Nat is lots better... thanks :)

Jennie said...

i am so sorry that i have been such a bad blog friend! life has been a bit crazy! i promise to be better!

Team Immel said...

you haven't updated your blog, so i thought i'd pop in here again and make sure you are still alive and kicking!!! hope everything is going well and you're keeping your head above water. i've been a slacker blogger myself. miss you. gotta get together and play soon.
xxoxo
si

MaryRuth said...

I'M SO SAD I MISSED PORTLAND!!!! Wahhhhhhhhh!!! The first time in five years I haven't been there!! Booo!! And I have many happy memories of sitting next to you and the Rheilander!!!

Miss you so much!!!!