Friday, February 8, 2008

time for a catch up....

Wow, where has time been going?  I can't believe it, but I made it through this week.  So now some time to catch up on the going-ons around here.  Hopefully this will make sense as I am pretty tired....

I missed my blessing for this past week.  So will start off with that.  This week, it is going to have to be my husband, Tom.  I certainly do not give this man the credit that he deserves.  Besides being a very involved Dad to Lucas and Jake, he really would do 
anything for me.  Or that I volunteer him to do - I just try to let him think 
he is volunteering himself...  Last Sunday and this Thursday, Tom helped me in Shauna's room.  I can't really say what it is he helped with because that will give away the surprise..   But Shauna - don't worry, we got all the cardboard stapled to the walls and the distressing paint made a beautiful texture.  The crackle paint in both purple and green throughout the room really turned out great.  Hope you like it!  We have some work to finish, but it will have to be done next weekend.  Sorry no more hints - you will have to wait til tomorrow....

But Tom is a good man.  I don't know if he ever thought that he wanted to be a dad, but he does it right.  The boys love to hang out with him - but boy are they quick to tell on him....  I think they are just preventing any fallout that might happen on them.  Kind of preventive medicine...  


But Tom is my blessing this week.  He helped me take on a huge project and I owe him big.  He keeps telling me - you owe me...  So when he says, I would like jalapeno chicken for dinner....  I went to the store and that is what I made for dinner that night.  He said, oh cake sounds good, I went to the store to buy cake!  I am grateful to have his love (even though he isn't a romantic), friendship, support and mostly humor..  We will be celebrating our anniversary on the 29th this month.  It will be our 4th official one since it is a leap year.  I will be working at the scrapbook convention that weekend but guess I will have to come home that night.  He loves the crab at McCormick and Schmick's so hopefully we can get a sitter and go there for dinner.  


Now for the rest of the week...   It has been a busy one.  Besides work, Jake had a scout meeting last night and the science fair on tuesday night.  Lucas had his scouts meeting on Monday night.Wednesday night was a late night for me at work and then we started to get the boys ready for their campout this weekend.   Yesterday and today, I was over at Shauna's helping there.  (Shauna - Simba is missing you...   He sure is a cute dog.)  Tonight, Tom and the boys finished packing and packed them a lunch.  I took them to the church and came home.  Now for a couple days of home alone!!!!  Had my taco salad and tomorrow shrimp and crab (been my usuals lately when the boys are gone)...  Have some housework to do and projects for work, but other than that - I am going to sleep...  It is about 8pm now and I am going to call it a day.  It is a cold windy night and I will end my day with a cup of tea and well wishes to you all...


Oh and a ps about my phone book ranting and raving - apparently leaving a bag of them on the front step for weeks prevents further delivery.  I haven't received any more phone books!


Good night!

3 comments:

Paris said...

LOL --your description of Shauna's room cracked me up :) Huge thanks to you and Tom for your dedication. What a huge project! I can hardly wait for Shauna to see her room tomorrow!!! It was wonderful working with you, and next time let's just have coffee when we meet instead of stripping wallpaper and painting ;) Love ya, p

Team Immel said...

i can't believe you crazy girls (and boys apparently). seriously, don't you have anything better to do than do my housework and unfinished projects?

hey, purple is my new favorite color. so i'm good with purple. and i have to tell you that anything, even cardboard, is better than the ugly half peeled wallpaper that has been there for 9 years.

i also have to tell you that i am so excited to see it. and that it's the only thing motivating me to go home tomorrow (besides simba lol). i know i will love it. paris has been going on and on and on about how great it looks and how she can't wait for me to see it.

i owe you all big time. so whatever you need, any home improvement projects or whatever, i'm you're woman.

i also wanted to offer to watch your boys while you go out for your anniversary dinner. drop them at my house on your way to your dinner and they can play video games with spencer and kaelin! seriously. i'd be happy to. it's the least i can do.

enjoy your weekend alone. those are the best! and thank you for everything. i can never thank you girls (and boys!) enough. i am just tickled and touched beyond belief.

xoxox
si

Jennie said...

love your blessing! you have a good man!

your both are lucky to have each other!

love ya!