Monday, February 11, 2008

Going postal!

Warning - she may explode at anytime throughout this post....

Well, I was hoping for the day to get better as it went along, but as of this afternoon - not so much.  What is with the lack of customer service and just the rude drivers out there these days?  I was having difficulty getting the online postage to work and tried calling.  After being on hold for 15 minutes and hearing the pre-recorded message of how  important my phone call was, I finally got a person that then told me I had to call the tech department.  Well, that was not one of my options when going through the menu so I just asked for customer service.  Then she couldn't transfer me, I had to call direct. Ok, so did that, again another 15 minutes.  I put it on speaker and filled another order for UPS!  And then gave up.  I don't think anyone was working today in tech dept...  Then I had a customer that was very close to free shipping so as a curtiousy (that just doesn't looked spelled right....)  I called to see if they wanted to increase some items to reach free shipping.  So she said she would check over her order and would call me back.  Nope - she didn't.  So since we are technically closed this week for CHA and I was getting ready to leave for the day, I thought I would try her back so I could get the order out today instead of next week.  So I get a different employee at the store.  Now the gal is too busy to talk to me and that I should "just do whatever.  Increase whatever.  I don't care."  Well, excuse me!  I am still on the phone....  

Then I went to the post office because I couldn't print postage off the website.  Stood in line for 15 minutes.  The line was going out the door and only two people working.  Apparently it was "I can't speak English" day at the post office.  One guy had a slip for picking up a package which apparently was supposed to be his medications.  Oh - ok....  But the slip didn't have any kind of identification on it as to who the carrier was, USPS, UPS, FedEx, or what...  Well, the claim number was not USPS so the postal guy was trying to just get him to move along but it wasn't working.  Finally, he just said, your package is not here, try UPS.  The second window was a gal with next to little personality.  She had a customer that was convinced she had a PO box there and this was the number and why didn't her key work....  Well after 5 minutes of explaining to her that the PO box was not there it was at the Tigard Post Office, the customer finally realized that she was in Tualatin - not Tigard!  While standing in line, there was a little three year old singing happy birthday, cha cha cha.  It was cute the first time.  But after 15 minutes - I was so done with that...  Some lady kept trying to drop her box at the counter without standing in line.  She had this big huge box and since she already had the postage on it - for some reason the online system worked for her...  she should of just been able to drop her package on the counter and go.  That is what I would of done.  I wouldn't of stood in that line to just drop off a box.  But the guy tells her she needs to stand in line.  She said but there is postage on it.  So he tells her to put the box in the drop box then.  The box isn't going to fit in the drop box!!!!!  That is why she is bringing it to the counter....  Finally she just said that she was going to leave it on the counter and he could put it in the drop box or wherever he wanted to put it.  I had to bite my lip or start laughing. Then when I was the third person in line, they finally opened the third window.  Oh was she a happy camper!  She came up to her computer, tapped the screen and said - "Ok, I am here..."  then she walked to the back, got a cart for packages and then said, "I am not deaf.  I heard your page - each time."  Oh nice friction in the air.  But I finally got my packages posted and on their way to their destinations.  

Then driving home - it was just stupid person after stupid person on the road.  Usually when merging onto a freeway where the lane ends and the cars already on the freeway are going 65 mph - this is a good time to accelerate!  Nope, not today.  It was time to talk on the phone and just slowly drive along hoping that someone would move over...  So after a near miss collision, I got over two lanes and around that car.  

I was finally getting closer to home and get stopped at this light.  Why is it, that if you drive some heap, you think you are cool and can blow anyone away.  This car next to me at the light was held together by duct tape.  I am not really sure what kind of car it was.  It didn't even have windows - it was plastic held on with painters tape instead.  But the guy is just reviving his engine like he wants to race and the car is jerking forward.  Well, come to think of it now, maybe he was just trying to keep it running....  Anyway, the light turns green and this guy just floors it.  We merge into one lane and he slows down to practically slug speed.  Then he decides to turn.  What was his big hurry to get in front of me just to turn?

But I made it home and made a cup of tea!  A big one!  Tom and the boys are going to a scout fun night tonight.  I was thinking of going but think now that today is probably not the night for me to be at a boy-led function...  Hey, I won't even have to cook dinner because they will have food there.  

Anyway, just a little venting!  I feel better now.

3 comments:

Paris said...

Oh geez... crazy!! Jim almost was hit head on tonight! Lots of wackos out there tonight. Glad you are home safe and sound. xoxoxo P

JaNae said...

Laura-I haven't had a chance to catch up with your blog yet. Truth be told, I found your's on MaryRuth's too (she's so cool!) and put it on mine before I had a chance to read much. Hope your day ended with a nice long hot bubble bath while the boys were being boys at their scout night.:)
JaNae

Team Immel said...

deep breathes.
monday will be over soon!
bigger hugs are needed for you tonight XOXOXOXO si