Sunday, February 10, 2008

my guys are home...

I really do enjoy the time I get to be at home, but I do really miss them when they are gone. Just don't tell them that I said that. lol Tom and the boys called about 2:30 this afternoon and they were almost to the Rec Center. So I went and picked them up. Jake of course was in the same clothes as I dropped him off in and Lucas was ear to ear hot chocolate. Apparently soap and water isn't available on these campouts... I know I have never seen it on the packing list... Sounds like they had a good time. Tired and hungry and oh boy..... stinky! I'll make you guys lunch, but showers first!

Weekend went by pretty fast. I didn't get everything done that I wanted to do, but did get what I needed to do. Saturday, I ran a few errands and then kept the laundry going while I worked my hours for HOTP. Got some projects done. Of course had my crab legs for dinner. Guess this week's blessing will have to be the Alaska king crab fishermen and the Tillamook cows.... I had some wonderful king crabs legs with melted Tillamook butter. I treat myself when Tom and the boys are gone and if it wasn't for those fishermen who do the most dangerous job in the world and those Tillamook cows who provided for the butter, I wouldn't be able to give myself this splurge. So thanks to them!!!! Stay safe guys when fishing for those crab!

Today, I finished out my hours for the week. Now this evening I just need to finish up some of my housework that is so far behind. I put a pork roast in the oven for dinner and made one of Tom's favorite desserts. It isn't healthy in any way I am sure, but once in awhile, it certainly tastes good. I will share the recipe with you. This was one that Tom's mom gave me and it is definitely a family hit.

Blueberry Cream
1/4 cup corn starch
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup water
3 cups blueberries
13 ounces graham cracker crumbs
1 1/2 sticks butter, melted
2 packages (8 oz.) cream cheese
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 package Dream Whip

Combine the first 4 ingredients and cook until the sauce thickens. Combine graham cracker crumbs and melted butter and press into the bottom of 9x13 pan. (save about 1/4 cup for topping) Mash cream cheese until soft; beat in sugar and vanilla. Prepare one package of Dream Whip as directed and fold into cream mixture. Spread half of cream mixture over the crackers. Then spread the berry sauce over the cream mixture. Next spread remaining cheese mixture over the berry sauce. Top with cracker crumbs. Chill overnight.

It makes a lot! So next time you have a family get together - try it!

Tom just showed me his targets from the campout. They did rifle shooting and the big boy had just as much fun as the little boys.... Tom even brought home his targets. lol Pretty good though for an old guy with bifocals... He hit all the targets in the middle. I am sure these will be hung up somewhere!

Well, looks like a busy week ahead. Jake needs to make his Valentine's box tonight. His have always been on the small side. One year, Lucas took every box out of the recycle bin to make his Valentine's garage! It has cereal boxes on the sides marked for candy, the middle section had a pull up door for the cards. It was not something that he could take on the bus, it required driving him to school in the van. Jake's though have been shoe box size and usually decorated as a car. Wonder what it will look like this year? He doesn't want to make one but apparently the girls in the class have been asking him when he is bringing his in to school? The kids have had theirs there for most of last week. It is kind of funny because he could care less about the girls - but he is really liked by them... Someday that may change. But I can wait!

I need to figure out something for Tom for Valentine's day. We don't typically exchange gifts but this year, just feels like I should do something. If anyone has any suggestions - please let me know.

Smells like the roast is getting close to being done so better figure out a veggie.

Have a good evening!

PS Shauna got home yesterday and she loved her room. Sorry, I told you we put cardboard on the walls, Shauna.... Had to stump you a little bit anyway. You can check out the pictures of her room on Shauna's blog shaunaimmel.blogspot.com It isn't totally finished. We need to add some trim to the wainscoting and add some paint to it. The bathroom also needs some fixtures but it really did turn out beautiful. Tom is worried that I am getting the bug again to start on our house... There are so many projects to do around here. Just where do we start???

Enjoy the rest of your sunday!

2 comments:

Paris said...

Glad the boys are home safe and sound, and that you got to have yummy crab legs!! Mmmm!! Thanks again for all that you did for Shauna's room... it looks amazing! xoxoxo P

Team Immel said...

yes, thank you laura!
sounds like your boys had fun and that you enjoyed your peace and quiet and crabs legs!
your dessert sounds yummy! wish i could eat that stuff.
hope you have a great week!
i'm serious about your boys coming over here to play video games with my two so you can go on an anniversary date!
xoxo
si