Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day!

Today is a day of Love.  Whether you are married, in a relationship, a parent or single, it is a day to appreciate those you love.  

But in my house, it goes unsaid...  There are no flowers, no candy, no card for me.  I bought the flowers for the dinner table and the candy for Tom and the boys.  So we are having our romantic spaghetti dinner tonight - thank you Albertsons for the last minute run to the store.  We don't exactly take this day with a lot preparation!  

I do know my family loves me though.  Tom and Lucas are out in the cold and dark changing the oil in  my truck as we speak.  Jake brought in the garbage cans without being asked.  The boys put their backpacks away from last weekends campout - THIS AM!  It is the little things.  Most of all the hugs that they don't mind and don't break off before I am ready.

So appreciate those you love whether it is spoken or unspoken love.  Time to put the noodles in and Tom to pick up Jake from tutoring...  Life still goes on and our world keep spinning!

Hugs to you all!
Love always,
Laura

2 comments:

Team Immel said...

I love you laura! happy valentine's!

xoxo
shauna

ps. my valentine's days are always uneventful too! there is always a basketball game on valentine's day! my kids don't have school tomorrow so daddy took them to the game with him and i spent valentine's day napping from about 5-10pm! it was bliss! the little things - right?

Paris said...

It's the little things that make life special... we are so blessed w/our families :) Hope it works out to meet next week... miss you. Love, p