Tuesday, February 12, 2008

ding...my day is done!

Boy - it feels like a short one.  I left the house this morning at 8:45.  I got home this evening at 7:45!  While Jake was at tutoring, I went and did a little retail therapy.  I went to Kohls.  Not a store I go to very often but at Christmas time, I found some amazing deals there.  So thought I would try again.  I was really there only for one shirt for Tom.  He wears this quilted flannel shirt everyday as a light jacket.  Well, it has seen better days.  I didn't think to get one at Christmas time when there were plenty to choose from.  But today, some good deals were made.  Everything I bought was 60, 70 or 80% off!  I got Tom two work shirts for 4.80 each, a quilted shirt, Lucas a sweatshirt and t-shirt and for Jake - a sweatshirt and two shirts.  Jake's shirts were buy 1 get 1 free.  Good deal for me since the kid only wears one style of shirt!  I just get every shade of grey, blue and black they have!  I did get him a red sweatshirt though.  For 9.00, I couldn't pass it up.  He told me that "it doesn't meet my color requirements, Mom.  But the logo is appropriate so I will wear it."  Gee - where is an Adidas outlet when I need one.  That kid could be a walking advertisement for them since he wears it everyday!  

My purchases came to $68.00. Tom's quilted shirt was originally $55 so came out of there pretty good.  Then hit the grocery store for some basics and the ever dreaded Valentine's!  Just have for Jake's class this year and hopefully this will be the last.  But Albertsons had a good deal on those candy heart boxes.  Must of been my day for bargain shopping or something.  

Went back to pick up Jake and we came home.  Tom and Lucas were gone to pick up some scouting equipment from some guy that was donating it to the troop so we finished up his homework.  Then when Lucas came home, the boys finished their applications for the option schools.  Try again this year, I guess.  They both are trying for ACMA.  We will see what happens.  I am going to check out some private schools too.  So will drop the applications off tomorrow, because they are due tomorrow. No sense in trying to get anything in other than on the due date!  I have got to figure out a way to get organized.  There has to be some hours in the day where I can get things done - like when the sun is still out.  Laundry, dishes, cleaning bathrooms - does this really have to be done only when everyone else has gone to bed?  Somehow it does, because for some reason we only own four bowls now and they get used every morning.  I don't know who is using all these towels and wearing all these clothes, but for some reason, Lucas once again has no clean pants for school tomorrow.  So off to load the dishwasher and put the clothes in the dryer and head to bed for me...  Tomorrow is another day and it is time to declare this day complete.

Have a good one!

2 comments:

Team Immel said...

hey laura, i hear you on the after hours and organization. i am struggling so badly this week. i just can't for the life of me get a routine going like in reno, when i only had me to take care of and worry about. i'm up doing valentines and laundry and dishes and trying to find proper weather wear for kaelin's big all day field trip tomorrow out in the cold. i haven't had a moment to myself to even stop and think until everyone went to bed. i can't handle this! reno take me away!!!!

xoxo
si

ps. i didn't realize my kids are out of school on friday and i have to take spencer to a doc appt at 230pm. so i think the playdate may have to wait?

Paris said...

Score on the retail therapy. Nat and I had to run to the mall to get my nephew a gift card, and stopped by another store to look for a school bag for her... she ended up with two pairs of shoes and a bag all for $16! Rockin' deal.

Hey... and when you figure out how to get organized and get everything done... will you let me know how to do that?? LOL

p