Friday, March 28, 2008

is it really friday already?

This is spring break week and it has been a crazy one to say the least.  Our weather has just been bizarre.  We have everything from sun to rain to hail to even SNOW!  That's right - snow...  It is almost April!  What's up with that?  

So what has happened this week...  well, Monday I finally went to see my doctor.  I have 
convinced myself that  it is nothing - so that is what we are going with.  But I went anyway.  This big 40 is sneaking up on me and just feel like I am falling apart.  For the past couple of weeks, I have been having some numbness in my face.  Then I started to have some pain in my neck.  Just thought maybe I slept wrong.  But it has been constant for the past couple of weeks.  Guess I saw enough commercials about stroke signals to call my doc, I guess.  He doesn't
 think I have any worries about that.  I have movement in my face and neck and he is not thinking that way.  So he ordered some blood work and has referred me to a neurologist.  May just be a pinched nerve or something.  I haven't heard any results on the blood work and they said if you don't hear anything - that is good news.  Well, what if they are just lost in the mail?? Anyway, will probably give them a call today to just see how they came out.  I have an appointment with the neurologist on the 3rd.  Supposed to plan on a 2 hour appt.  What are 
they going to do to me for 2 hours???  And people wonder why I just hate to go the doctor....  

Stress probably has something to do with it too....  I got home from work Wednesday night to a letter from the IRS....  Apparently "others" have claimed income that we did not claim on our 2006 taxes.   So they think now that we owe $23,000 dollars.  Yes, you read that right - THOUSAND!!!!!  oh and that is due no later than April 23rd.  Oh just let me go get that for you -  um, from WHERE!!!!!  So needless to say, we made a call to the accountant that filed those taxes for us.  He was stumped so Tom faxed the letter to him Thursday.  Apparently it has something to do with Tom's 401K from Intel.  When he left there he didn't do anything with it I guess.  (I don't really understand how this all works...)  So Intel has reported that as income.  The funny thing about this too - well, funny probably isn't the word, it is a coincidence that just last week, Tom has requested that the 401K be transferred to a different retirement account that he has now.  And then this happens.  Now we need to respond back to the IRS - and explain what happened. Will let Tom and the accountant handle this one....  Oh but wait - it is time to file for 2007 now.  We were going to just use Turbo Tax and do them on our own, but now maybe having the accountant to back us up when other letters come isn't such a bad idea...

Yesterday, I took the day off.  Lucas had his ultrasound to check for a thick bladder and to look at his kidneys.  I am thinking we will probably have results of that back early next week and 
then possibly schedule the surgery for his tethered cord.  Since we were in Portland already, we decided to make a day of it and go to OMSI.  Well, with Spring Break, a few other people decided to go too.  It was pretty crowded.  Parking was crazy and there was a line to get in.  Food was hard to get at the cafe, but other than that, the exhibits were good.  People just kind of disperse and it doesn't feel like such a crowd anymore.  We went to the dinosaur exhibit and that was pretty cool.  I was kind of hoping it would be a little more like the Walking with Dinosaurs that was recently here at the Rose Garden and not so much skeletons.  But it was still cool though.  I think I had more fun just hanging with the boys.  It was pretty funny when we walked into the Human Development exhibit.  They did a very quick walk through and didn't really make eye contact with the displays about babies being born, the anatomy of the male, but oh wait - let's stop at the body with all the systems of the body.  And there are buttons to press to light up that area.  What button do you possibly think my 12 year old pressed first?  With full force giggling because he couldn't keep a straight face - he went for the breasts button and they lit up.  Dad would be so proud...

We made it home in time to think of something for dinner.  Absolutely my worst favorite time of the day anymore.  I hate to think - what is for dinner....  Threw something together with chicken in a skillet and then we decided to go check out cars.  The Tahoe is a great vehicle, but it is really killing us on gas.  So thought we would downsize a bit.  Well, our fears were confirmed.  Our "awesome" deal that we got on it wasn't so awesome.  Looks like we are in a situation where we owe more on it than it is worth.  I can't really afford to trade it in and have a higher payment.  So think we are going to hang on to it and look for a little puddle jumper (dependable, I hope...) for me to drive to work.  Then we will have the Tahoe for a family vehicle.  So looks like now I need to go to DEQ and get the tags, those expire end of the month.  
Today, we are just kind of hanging out at home.  I have some baseball projects to do for work and hope to get some house chores done out of the boys.  We will see how far bribery will go with that.  

So enjoy the rest of your day!
Til next time,
Laura

2 comments:

Team Immel said...

Man, when it rains it pours eh? Or in our case here in Oregon, when it rains, it snows. (That didn't make sense!)

I am so glad you are going to see a doctor for your werid symptoms. Better safe than sorry. I mean, take me for example....live and learn!!! I was one to avoid the doctor and write stuff off too.

I hate taxes. And the IRS. All that stuff is so confusing and goes right over my head and makes no sense at all. That sucks that you even have to deal with that garbage.

You need to cut down on your stress and take care of yourself girlfriend! Dinner is my least favorite time of day too. Ugh. I'd be happy to make you a meal though, so let me!!!!

Glad you and your boys could play with dinosaurs. The boob button cracked me up!

Miss you.
I'd love to help you with your baseball stuff! Bring it over!!

xoxox
Shauna

MaryRuth said...

Man, it sounds like you guys have so much going on!!

I hope everything turns out ok with the taxes, health issues, etc.

miss you!!