Friday, December 21, 2007

today was a good day...

Even though the morning was filled with errands, today was a good day.  I was able to get some gifts delivered and even one returned back to me... 

My friend Angie has gotten me hooked on Grey's Anatomy.  I think the last straw was when we were in Bellevue and she was trying to watch an episode and I had only seen a few epsiodes here and there.  During the whole thing, I kept asking, ok, so what happened to that one guy, weren't they supposed to get married, why is she with him and when did they get together.  So she thought I better get caught up.  One day at work, she brought me her copy of the first season on DVD.  And then later she brought me Season 2 and she hadn't even opened it yet.  It was still in the plastic wrap.  So I have been having Grey's marathons while working late into the night.  I got through Season 2 and then Ang said that Season 3 was on her Christmas list. Cool - this is good for me too.  I bought it for her, wrapped it up, delivered it to her today, let her open it and then borrowed it back so I can watch it!  Thanks Ang!!!!!  I am sure that I will have watched it by the time I come to work on Thursday.  

So after taking the boys to get haircuts and getting them some dinner, my friend Katrina and I went to see a movie tonight.  Katrina is not a late night person so when I got an email from her this afternoon saying that she was going to take a nap before the movie, I thought for sure she would bail on me for the movie.  But I called her to make sure we were on and that she shouldn't take too good of nap, she won't want to leave the house.

We went to see PS I love you.  What a great movie.  Makes you cry, makes you laugh and made me want to go to Ireland.  Oh that reminds me, I need to get my passport for going to Calgary, Canada in April...  There were three gals sitting in the row in front of us and one of them could of really  used a tissue...    I was ready to pass up my popcorn napkins to her...  Anyway, it was a great movie!

So now it is the end of my day - and the boys are still awake..  Tom rented a movie so he is watching that and the boys are camping in the living room again.  This has turned into a weekend ritual.  I hope they don't actually think this will be happening on Christmas eve....  

Tomorrow is another day...  Do I dare set a goal to get the tree up?  We will just have to wait and see.  But it could be a good chance that there will be some baking done and a tree up over the day tomorrow.....


2 comments:

Team Immel said...

Sounds like a great day Laura! I have never seen Grey's Anantomy. I'm sure I would be like you and get hooked and have to go back and watch every episode. I just don't have time!!! And I started reading the book P.S. I Love You last year and it hit a little too close to home and I couldn't continue. But I do want to go see the movie with my hubby. I think it will be good for us. I've been downloading all of the songs from the soundtrack on my IPod. There are some great songs!!!! Camping in the living room sounds like an adventure. What fun for your boys. We went and saw "the Golden Compass" yesterday and I wouldn't recommend it. I was glad when it was over. Don't work too hard and get those campers on the tree detail. that's outdoorsy. Might make it feel more like camping with a big tree in the room!
xoxo
shauna

Jennie said...

how fun! i have never really gotten into grey's... but i hear that it is very addicting...

i am glad that you liked your movie! i have been wanting to see it too! i am not sure who will go with me though!