Sunday, December 23, 2007

and they are all nestled into their beds....

The house is quiet!  The boys, even Tom, are all in bed.  

I can't believe that I was out today in such nasty weather - cold and rainy - SHOPPING!  What a crowded mess.  No one had any patience left what so ever.  Even just trying to pass a smile on to someone was wasted.  Is this what this season is about????

I did manage though to finish my shopping.  If I forgot something, well, I guess we just didn't need it.  Then I went to the grocery store with everyone else in the area and shopped for the next few days.  I plan to now just be a home body for the next two days for sure.  

Jake was at the back of my car when I got out to unload.  He said it was because Dad told him to help unload the groceries.  I think he was there to get a sneak peak at anything I may of gotten for him while shopping.  Later he was very eager to help with any wrapping I may have...

Then Tom and I made a big pot of clam chowder for dinner and I even let the boys hit the brownie stash for dessert.  

The boys went to bed early so we could wrap the "Mom and Dad" gifts.  But I actually got the santa gifts wrapped too.  I hope to stump the boys a bit this year by putting all their santa gifts into one big box.   We will see if it works.  They are so hoping for a Wii.  Every time we go anyplace, I have been asking if they have any Wii's in stock?  So the boys are seeing first hand how rare they are this year. But a few weeks ago, I did manage to find one.  So I wrapped it up with some extra accesories and another game and put them all together in one box.  Each wrapped separately of course...  Now, where do I hide this big box for another day?  I usually wrap the night of Christmas eve so I don't have to worry about that part...  Oh well, we will figure that out..  I had them all stashed in my luggage for the past few weeks and Lucas has only moved that luggage around now at least three times trying to find the presents...  Hmmm - think I have found a good hiding place.

Well, tomorrow is a busy day.  Prime rib is on the menu and a house that needs to be cleaned before any company comes.  Tom has to work so it will be up to me and my little helpers to get it pulled together.  But hey - I am no Martha Stewart!  So I won't need to go to any extremes, right?  We will go for the illusion...





 

1 comment:

Jennie said...

wow... where are you going to hide your santa gifts?!

and good job on getting a wii...

i work at sams's club and we get about ... a MILLION calls a day asking if we are going to get them in!!!

NO! STOP CALLING!

lol! can't blame them for trying!

love ya!