Friday, December 28, 2007

the holidays have come and gone...

Wow!  Christmas is already over.  We had a good day though.  Christmas eve, my brother and his family came (missed seeing my niece though) and my other brother.  Then my parents were here too so prime rib for all.  

Christmas day was spent with us just at home.  Santa tricked the boys this year and they thought they were jipped with just one present under the tree from Santa.  But boy were they excited when they opened that one box and find all the Wii stuff.  We spent the day bowling, cow tipping, playing pool and the other games they got.  I really like the cow tipping...  

Wednesday I went to work and Tom and the boys spent the day putting bunk beds back together.  The boys have had their own rooms for awhile now.  But they decided that making Jake's room into a game room (or man-cave, like Angie says...) and then they would share the bedroom again.  Worked out pretty good.  I was at work and didnt have to clean either room!  Now they have alot of space to play the wii.  I will get them some bean bag chairs or a futon or something in there eventually, but for now, it will work.  

Thursday, I went to work and Tom and the boys went to the archery place for the day.  They had gotten gift certificates in their stockings so it made for a good man's day out.

Today, we took the boys up in the snow.  I left the info with Angie and Vicki where we were going.  Didn't want to be one of those lost families on tv...  Packed a lunch (thank you Subway...  at first, the boys were going to make me lunch out in the snow boy scout style.  I was prepared with an emergency pb&j till I suggested we just get some sandwiches.  They were fine with that....)  So loaded up the Tahoe with extra what ever could you possibly need if you get stuck in the snow....  ( yeah, ok. so as we unpacked, I overpacked...)  We drove up out of Carlton and found some good snow.  Tom had fun driving in 4x4 and I just held on...  We found a good place to park and let the boys play.  We did a little target shooting and had a good snowball fight.  Lucas tried out his snow boogie board thing.  He didn't last too far before he fell down and then he didn't try again.  Tom tried to make some snow shoes and took those to try out, but didn't make it too far either.  He fell down and broke one shoe in two and that ended that adventure.  It was good till it started to rain and got so cold.  We packed up, ate lunch and headed for home.  It was a good day though.  The boys had a good time.

So that catches up for the week.  Going to make some hot cocoa or tea and start on some projects for work.  Lots of that to do this weekend.  

Hope you all had a great Christmas!  I hope that 2008 is full of everything you dream of.
Laura

2 comments:

Jennie said...

it sounds like you had a wonderful week! ya! love that!

good luck with your projects this weekend!

MaryRuth said...

Yay!! I'm so excited you have a blog!!!

Merry Merry Christmas!!!