Monday, December 17, 2007

kids these days!

Ok, so I have checked google, ask.com, websters and there is just not anything out there for me as a manual for pre-teens.  Lucas is definitely a pre-teen!  Someone told me when he was little that if boys give you a hard time when they are young, you will have it easy when they are teens.  Ok, so when is this supposed to get easy?  Not too long after his birthday, he bought a PSP (Portable Play Station) and was told not to take it to school.  But he took it anyway and got caught...  Well, apparently when I say don't take it to school again, in pre-teen that translates to it is ok to take to school as long as mom doesn't see it..  And sure enough - it was stolen.  The talks about taking responsibility for your belongings, yourself... I think I am talking to the wall half the time.  Today he comes home from school and is in a mood.  I knew something happened. He has always been one to tell on himself - I think he has just found it is easier to tell me what I don't want to hear before I find it out on my own.  Mom's see and know all, right?  Anyway, at some point during the day, he lost his binder at school.  This is the second binder for this school year already.  The first was broken the first week of school.  Now we have a lost one.  And yes, all the homework for the trimester and basic school supplies are in this binder.  He has one thing to carry around all day - you would think if he is walking out of a classroom - this would be noticed..  Apparently it wasn't until a few classes later he noticed..  So back to school we go so he can go check in all his classrooms.  

Am I going to make it through these teen years?  I still have Jake to be a teen too?  

But tonight Tom and the boys are off to a scout meeting.  Jake went because he heard cookies were going to be involved.  That boy hasn't met a cookie he doesn't like yet, I think.  Really - I think they all just thought mom could probably use a quiet evening at home.  The carpets need to be done, but not tonight.  I am having some hot cocoa and just going to snuggle up in a blanket.  It is a cold wet night and I am going to take the quiet house as it is.  Everyone has clean clothes for tomorrow so the laundry, dishes and whatever can just wait another day.

What is the saying - Don't do today what you can do tomorrow....  ok!

2 comments:

Team Immel said...

i have one of those preteens too!!! omg you just described him perfectly! LOL

i'm glad you took the night up and snuggled in the quiet house. that is my very favorite thing to do and it never happens!! take those moments when you can get them and enjoy them to the fullest!!!

xoxox
shauna

Jennie said...

man oh man... good luck with your preteen!

i hope you enjoyed you night! love curling up with a huge mug of hot chocolate... good movie and the christmas tree on!