Monday, June 30, 2008

some good news.... and some bad news....

Lucas is still not feeling better.  Today he slept most of the day, that has been the pattern for most of the past week though. No energy at all.  No appetite.    I stopped at home after work to get Jake's scout stuff before going to tutoring and picking him up.  Lucas was just sweating like crazy and making weird noises in his sleep.  So when I felt his head he was burning up..  Looked all over this house for a thermometer and finally found one.  Took his temp and it was over 105.  So called the doc right away.  Since it was after hours, I got the on call.  We have a 9am appt for him - they want to rule out pneumonia.  I had to go get Jake.  Tom thought I should still take him to scouts and he would stay with Lucas.  After some more meds, Tom put him in the tub for awhile to cool him down.  Seemed to work, so far...  But he is just so glassy eyed and not really talking.  Not my Lucas at all...  

So went to pick up Jake and he came out smiling.  Ok, yes, this is the good news part....  He said he got $14 and he is done with tutoring..  He had finished his last two books and he cashed in his tokens.  I am so proud of him.  He has come so far and worked so hard.  We are going to test him wednesday for his math, but I don't think he will need the tutoring for that.  He has been doing pretty good there...  But I think he is pretty proud of himself too - as he should be.  He has made so much progress.  

Then we went to scouts - mind you, Tom usually does this...  So it was all greek to me...  But boy did they smell the fresh meat though!!!!  This one guy kept giving me the book to look up what merit badges I wanted to coach and what ways I can be involved in the meetings and campouts and such....  Um, is there a Howard Johnson at these campouts???  Otherwise, you won't see me there.  Anyway, he was definitely thinking he was getting me involved.  I am all for being involved in my boys  - but I am not too sure about this whole scout thing..  It is a different culture to me...  Boy lead??? Excuse me????  Anyway...  

Got home and Lucas was quite a bit cooler.  He is actually awake now and the right foot is wiggling....  This is a constant thing with him.  But before, he wasn't moving anything.  So think he is feeling a tad better.  No appetite though.  Anyway, will take him to the doc tomorrow.

Some other good news - I don't have to report for jury duty tomorrow.  I got a summons a few weeks ago but didn't read the whole thing.  Well, apparently I was supposed to send in a post card saying I was going to report on the 1st, I was going to defer to a later date, or I was over 70 years old.  Well, didn't send it in needless to say.  So called today and said my husband is out of work, going to interviews,  work is crazy and I have a sick kid.  Is there anyway, I can get out of this?  She asked when I was supposed to report and I said - tomorrow...  She kind  of laughed and said, well lets put it off for you .  So now I don't have to report til December 1st.  With my luck, I will get on a jury and be sequestered!!!!  Oh wait...  That might not be a bad thing.  Will I be able to watch the Lifetime channel???  

To keep with the good news, Tom had another interview this am.  And he also heard that an offer will be coming from the job that he interviewed with on friday.  So that is good...  

So now we just need to get Lucas healthy.  We are holding off on any plans for the 4th right now pending on how he is doing.  

It is almost 10:30 now and I am teaching Jake how to make mac and cheese!  I am liking this that the boys like and want to cook for themselves...  Sure makes life easier.

Well, hope you all are doing well.  KJ - I am so sorry.  I didn't get your surprise in the mail today.  It was bit of a hectic one.  So will try tomorrow.

Til next time
Laura

2 comments:

Paris said...

How scary about Lucas. I sure hope that he will be okay. Awesome about Jake and his tutoring. All his hard work really paid off. Still keeping my fingers crossed for Tom's job. Loved your boy scouts story. I will do just about anything to not volunteer anymore. Paid my dues w/that whole thing!! lol Hope you have a good day. Paris

Team Immel said...

wow, that's a high temp! glad he's cooled down a bit. hope he continues to feel better. congrats to jake on his tutoring. i need to get spencer some math tutoring. he was sick and missed the multiplying decimals and fractions and needs some help with that. hope tom's job offer/s work out! that will be a relief! i would be afraid, very afraid, to volunteer with scouts! that stuff is greek to me too!

hope you hang in there and have a good day despite the ickiness.

xoxox
shauna