Thursday, June 19, 2008

so I been tagged....

Well, home this evening and after the funeral today for my grandma, just seems like I should do some catching up.... It was great to see so many of my cousins and aunts, uncles, great aunts and great uncles and family friends that I haven't seen in so many years. So many of my cousins now have families of their own and are all grown up. Where has time gone? My brothers and I are the oldest of the grandkids, so it just seems like they were always little. I saw one cousin today that I used to babysit and when he was potty training, he sat with his underwear on his head... Now he is this big guy and out of high school. His younger brother actually just graduated from HS. So it was nice to see them, despite the circumstances. I have one cousin that now lives in PA so it was great to see him. I will be going there end of July so we are planning to see each other there then too. Will be great to see his boys. His oldest is slightly older than Lucas. And now he also has a daughter and another baby on the way. Like I said before - this is a big family!!! My mom is the oldest of 13... But life just seems to keep us so busy that is too easy to lose track of those that matter most to us. Hug your families and keep them close.

I was tagged by my friend Shauna.

Five Things About Me

The rules:

1. Post the rules of the game at the beginning.
2. Each player answers the questions about themselves.
3. At the end of the post, the player then tags five people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read the player’s blog.
4. Let the person who tagged you know when you’ve posted your answer.

What were you doing five years ago?

5 Years ago, I was at home with my boys (probably - I can't really remember 5 years ago...) Lucas was 7 and Jake was 6 so they would of been in First and Second Grades. At that time, I was coordinating volunteers for the Creating Keepsakes Conventions and traveling around the country.

What are five things on your to-do list for today?
1) Stop at Office Max and buy an easel for the photo board.
2) Attend the funeral for Grandma.
3) Work on card projects for HOTP.
4) Text Ang and see how they are doing setting up in Chantilly, VA.
5) Have some smores that Lucas is making in the fire place...

What are five snacks you enjoy?

1) hot tomales
2) fruit
3) pretzels
4) popcorn
5) milk duds

What are five things you would do if you were a billionaire?

1) Travel around the world.
2) Pay off my debt and the debt of my family and friends.
3) Build my dream home.
4) Invest.
5) Donate to organizations that would find the cure.


What are five of your bad habits?

1) Don't keep in touch enough with family and friends.
2) Eat too much sugar.
3) Avoid the dentist and doctor's offices.
4) Avoid house cleaning.
5) Not very organized.

What are five places where you have lived?
1) Washougal, WA
2) Glenwood, WA
3) Cheney, WA
4) Vancouver, WA
5) Beaverton, Oregon

What are five jobs you’ve had?

1) Nurses assist at Nursing Home
2) Dispatcher at Campus Police department when attending Eastern Washington University.
3) Volunteer Coordinator for Creating Keepsakes Conventions
4) Admin assistant for Boxer Scrapbooks
5) In House Designer for Hot Off the Press

Five people I tag: (I can really only think of two...)

1) Mary Ruth
2) Jennie


Well, better get to those smores! Then I will actually have completed my to-do list (at least 5 things of it) today.

Enjoy the rest of your evening!
Laura

4 comments:

Paris said...

Mmmm... smores sound so good! I'm glad that you got to reconnect with family members, even though I'm sure it was a hard day for you. Hope you can have a relaxing weekend. Hugs, Paris

Jennie said...

thanks for the tag! i am excited to do it! i have a busy weekend, but will do it when i get back!

Team Immel said...

Smores do sound good!

I enjoyed learning about you! Thanks for playing tag!!!

I'd love to meet you tomorrow for bagels/coffee or whatever. Name the time and place!!!

I'm sorry about your grandma, but I'm glad you got to reconnect with family members. There's always good somewhere mixed in with the bad. Sometimes we just need reminders of what is important, how precious people and time are.

Enjoy your Friday night.
xoxox
shauna

Allison Orthner said...

Hey Laura... just having a sleepless night up here in Canada and browsing some blogs I haven't visited in a long while... sorry to hear about all your recent losses... sure puts life back in perspective eh? Anyways... said a prayer for you and your family tonight!

Your personal shopper from Canada!
Allison :)