Thursday, June 5, 2008

everything is bigger in Texas...

This is so true! They are building a new stadium for the Dallas Cowboys across the street from our hotel. It is huge! The cranes they are using to build it, are huge. The baseball park for the Texas Rangers is a huge park. It is a beautiful building though, brick and might be worth going to a ball game to go inside there. I haven't seen many cowboy hats, but I spent the day with scrapbookers. It is pretty hot here and very windy. Good thing because it moves the air around. We had dinner tonight at Cracker Barrel. Yummy food. Last time I was there, I think was in Virginia on a road trip from Valley Forge to Charlotte with Vicki and Terri. Vicki and I asked our waitress what kind of fruit cobbler they had and she told us chocolate. We said, no really, what kind of fruit cobbler? She again told us chocolate. So apparently chocolate is a fruit in Virginia. Well, I found out tonight that chocolate cobbler is also here in Texas - so really just a Cracker Barrel thing... Makes me laugh though and remember that fun road trip with those gals. We definitely did have some good times when we traveled and worked the conventions.



Well, should call it a night. Angie is teasing me that I don't type this fast at work....



Hope ya'll had a good day today.

Til next time,

Laura



PS - Shauna, would love to see you and go out for bagels. I hope you are feeling better. I tried to send you a text message but I don't think I sent it to the right number.... Ok, I am not as techie as I would like to think....

2 comments:

Team Immel said...

Keep your eye out for Troy Aikman (former UCLA and Dallas Cowboy QB!)while you're there in Texas! My husband knows he was my 2nd choice, 2nd to Troy! LOL

I love Texas. I wanted to go to college at Univ. of Texas. That was my first choice. But I couldn't get in. So I had to go to UCLA. See how life works out the way it should???

I like the idea of chocolate as a fruit. Works for me!!!

xxoxo
Shauna

Paris said...

I'm definitely thinking that chocolate qualifies as a fruit. It is a vegetable at our house... cocoa beans, right? lol

Glad you are having big fun in tx!

Hugs, p